Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
If anyone is missing the Rallies that were offered by the C&CC before Covid caused them all to be cancelled, you might be interested in a new offering by the C&MC. These are long winter stays between early January and end of March 2022, on one (or a mix) of three sites - La Manga, Allania (Catral) and Turiscampo (Portugal)

Like the C&CC offerings they will include group activities and a penalty of £50 if not using their services for booking Ferry/Tunnel

More info here

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
They have been doing the La Manga ones for many years, we haven’t joined them but have stayed there ourselves. A bit of a ramshackle campsite by appearance which means many arrive, take one look, then leave. However we love it & know the area very well. Lots of walking & cycling in the area. Can get to good cities by bus still, I think. The best & biggest campsite supermarket we have ever encountered. Lovely clean facilities constantly getting cleaned throughout the day when we were there. One of the best on site restaurants for the quality of food we have dined at, which has a local reputation for its tapas. Large supermarkets within a cycle or good walk. Murcia Province is also the driest so the winters are pretty good (spent 2 full ones there) & your far enough south to get reasonable temperatures. Hopefully we shall return for 2022 as we try & get the max out of our 90/180 days, which otherwise reduces our normal travel plans. We have had good friends go & love the rally.

I think the Catral one may be the very large relatively new site by the motorway. Never been but have passed it many times & hear the site itself is good, but may be a little isolated without transport?

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
The catral site treated the ralliers appallingly during the first lockdown ,its quite away from the village and ok if you just want to stay on site .

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
The catral site treated the ralliers appallingly during the first lockdown ,its quite away from the village and ok if you just want to stay on site .
Its an easy bike ride and is walkable. The site used to be called Marjal Costa Blanca, it has a Face Group page now called Alannia Clubbers where clubbers post if you want to get more info.
ezee

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Its and easy bike ride and is walkable. The site used to be called Marjal Costa Blanca, it has a Face Group page now called Alannia Clubbers where clubbers post if you want to get more info.
ezee
I would agree , I’m not the fittest of people and we walked in and back from Catral on number of occasions.
If you cycle in its flat all the way apart from the bridge over the motorway
We are hoping to go there Feb 22 for a couple of months

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
They are offering these breaks but aren’t prepared to insure you!

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Presumably as the C&CC got rid of its overseas staff, there are no Winter Sun stays being run next year by this club?
ezee

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Its an easy bike ride and is walkable. The site used to be called Marjal Costa Blanca, it has a Face Group page now called Alannia Clubbers where clubbers post if you want to get more info.
ezee
Wonder if will still be as clicky ,Imperium far better site in my opinion.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
If anyone is missing the Rallies that were offered by the C&CC before Covid caused them all to be cancelled, you might be interested in a new offering by the C&MC. These are long winter stays between early January and end of March 2022, on one (or a mix) of three sites - La Manga, Allania (Catral) and Turiscampo (Portugal)

Like the C&CC offerings they will include group activities and a penalty of £50 if not using their services for booking Ferry/Tunnel

More info here
You were doing such a grand job UNTIL that last paragraph. :unsure:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Presumably as the C&CC got rid of its overseas staff, there are no Winter Sun stays being run next year by this club?
ezee
How about the site in Portugal that wouldn't give you a pitch Unless you had booked through the C&CC.
Wonder how they're doing:unsure:

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
ezee
I asked the question and (Carefree travel) the overseas dept for C&CC have no plans to restart winter rally’s at the moment

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Considering that the C&CC are supposed to be a 'Club' :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I consider that their
action in closing down a complete, well regarded and used section of the Club's affairs as a result
of the 'Temporary' blip of the pandemic is nothing short of a disgrace.

When one considers that the UK Gov. were prepared to furlough the staff and pay
80% of the wages of those staff is nothing short of shameful behaviour and consistent
with the action of a Dickensian employee.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Wonder if will still be as clicky ,Imperium far better site in my opinion.
The Toilet block at Imperium was nowhere near adequate for the number of pitches when we were there in the first year of being open have they built another or enlarged it ?
Had to wait to use the facilities on a few occasions due to the sheer number of campers on site
At Marjal the facility blocks of which there are 6 are than more than ample for the number of pitches .
“Clique’s " you get that at most popular sites in Spain with the regular’s
I don’t worry about them

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
The Toilet block at Imperium was nowhere near adequate for the number of pitches when we were there in the first year of being open have they built another or enlarged it ?
Had to wait to use the facilities on a few occasions due to the sheer number of campers on site
At Marjal the facility blocks of which there are 6 are than more than ample for the number of pitches .
“Clique’s " you get that at most popular sites in Spain with the regular’s
I don’t worry about them
Agree about the Imperium site facilities but of course, pitches equals income and shower blocks equals recurring cost.
No surprise there then!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back