Caravan club Email - What do you think (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115 Vogue
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry, big fingers, small phone, sent it too soon! We're in tier 3 so we're just staying put. Eventually, we hope, it will all be behind us and we can get back to doing what we all love best.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Ok we are booked onto Kendal CCC site on Tuesday. Kendal is in Cumbria tier 2, we are in West Yorks also tier 2. To travel there sat nav routes via M62 M61, M6, spending a lot of that in Lancashire tier 3 but travelling at 60mph. We could use the A65 and reduce our Lancashire exposure to a few miles of moorland. No chance of infecting anyone or being infected in Lancashire I would think.
Nowhere is in lock down, even level 3 places campsites are still open, so I don’t see a problem.
Until you unfortunately break down right in the middle of a tier 3 area and need assistance from a recovery company.
You will then have stopped in a tier 3 Very High area and whether you continue to go to Cumbria or turn back to West Yorkshire, you will be going from a Very High to High area .
Either way , both tier 2 and tier 3 have had incidents of serious infection, hence the advice of not to travel at all.
So why the desperate need to put yourself, and possibly others, at risk of infection.
It’s not a game.
Only my opinion thanks.
I live in Nottinghamshire and I am going nowhere anytime soon!

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Until you unfortunately break down right in the middle of a tier 3 area and need assistance from a recovery company.
You will then have stopped in a tier 3 Very High area and whether you continue to go to Cumbria or turn back to West Yorkshire, you will be going from a Very High to High area .
Either way , both tier 2 and tier 3 have had incidents of serious infection, hence the advice of not to travel at all.
So why the desperate need to put yourself, and possibly others, at risk of infection.
It’s not a game.
Only my opinion thanks.
I live in Nottinghamshire and I am going nowhere anytime soon!
I am following the govt advice to the letter. I’m not playing any game. The govt are trying to balance containing the disease and keeping the economy open. Judging by the figures of the last few days it’s working as they are levelled off.
I am not putting myself at risk or anyone else. Well no greater risk than me staying at home. My son and his partner live with us. He has worked throughout the lockdown travelling around the country in his job. His partner is a teaching assistant in Oldham, four and five year old Asians, the highest risk community in the country. We all try to minimise the risk with a hygiene regime. But I respectfully suggest a van in a field is a safer option for us.
Difficult times but we have to live our lives and assess risk and follow the advice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Sorry, big fingers, small phone, sent it too soon! We're in tier 3 so we're just staying put. Eventually, we hope, it will all be behind us and we can get back to doing what we all love best.
Hi
where in “cheshire” are you ?

We are tier 2!

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
I am following the govt advice to the letter. I’m not playing any game. The govt are trying to balance containing the disease and keeping the economy open. Judging by the figures of the last few days it’s working as they are levelled off.
I am not putting myself at risk or anyone else. Well no greater risk than me staying at home. My son and his partner live with us. He has worked throughout the lockdown travelling around the country in his job. His partner is a teaching assistant in Oldham, four and five year old Asians, the highest risk community in the country. We all try to minimise the risk with a hygiene regime. But I respectfully suggest a van in a field is a safer option for us.
Difficult times but we have to live our lives and assess risk and follow the advice.
Ok.
My son is a fast response paramedic.
He has been working all through the lockdown and dealing with CV.
He has lost 2 close colleagues to it.
He is physically and mentally knackered.
He is still working and we cannot see him for fear of possible cross infection. He lives 10 mins walk away from us.
I, like him, just cannot understand why people are looking for continued loopholes just to fit their own agenda.
Advice, as I understand it is not to travel other than essential journeys or work, and that was published on the gov. Website last week.
A two day trip is neither work or essential, and not only could you possibly be at risk of infection to yourselves, but could inadvertently transmit it to others if you are a carrier but are unaware.
I would also worry about my insurance for the motorhome.
Mine says, social domestic and pleasure use. I suspect yours does too.
If you have an accident, at present, and advice has been given about travel conditions, could your insurance company refuse to pay out because you have not adhered to national advice.
A holiday is non essential and it will only take one insurance company to deem that the terms of their policy have been broken against national advice, and then where are we.
You must do as you feel free to do so, but I am only pointing out some of the potential hazards that you may well be heading for, but I hope in all honesty that you are not.
Good luck.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
A genuine question here - is it acceptable to travel from one high risk area, Lancashire, to an adjacent high risk area, Merseyside? I ask because I have a friend who lives close to the boundary, lives in one and shops in the other! Also would the CMC consider it unacceptable to visit their sites with the same criteria? I’m not looking for an argument about whether it’s right or wrong, just trying to get my head around what I can/ can’t do!!!
Regards from Confused of Lancashire!!☹
Surely if you are unsure what to do it would better not to mix in other parts of the country at least in the immediate place where you live you have a rough idea where you can visit

Jul 26, 2017
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2016
I have this conundrum to face soon. My 90 year old mother who lives alone is coming home from hospital after a hip op. She lives in a medium area and I live in a high area. I cannot think of any safe way to visit - even in the van. Very annoying.

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Just read it again
I don’t like them forcing us to use the nhs track and trace app 😳😮
I’ve been to a few places now who (try) to make you use it, but when they ask me to scan it, I say I don’t know how to do that, I give them my old Nokia 310 and ask them to do it for me. You should see the looks I get, and never once been turned away.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
TONY 50 = thanks for your comments. I’ve made my decision applying due diligence etc and will travel into an area that is rated the same as my home district. IF/WHEN the law forbids then obviously I will abide by it.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Surely you should be more than willing to use T&T, and help to fight this disease.

I'm more than happy to leave details and would use the app if it worked cross-border (and was easy enough for me to use) and I could use it with the phone I already have.

As it is I can count on the digits of one hand the number of people I have come into contact with over the past 7 days - and the people from outside my household have not been within 2 metres of me - outside only.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Ok.
He is still working and we cannot see him for fear of possible cross infection. He lives 10 mins walk away from us.
I, like him, just cannot understand why people are looking for continued loopholes just to fit their own agenda.
Advice, as I understand it is not to travel other than essential journeys or work, and that was published on the gov. Website last week.
A two day trip is neither work or essential, and not only could you possibly be at risk of infection to yourselves, but could inadvertently transmit it to others if you are a carrier but are unaware.
If you have an accident, at present, and advice has been given about travel conditions, could your insurance company refuse to pay out because you have not adhered to national advice.
A holiday is non essential and it will only take one insurance company to deem that the terms of their policy have been broken against national advice, and then where are we.
You must do as you feel free to do so, but I am only pointing out some of the potential hazards that you may well be heading for, but I hope in all honesty that you are not.
Good luck.
Can I ask why you keep using the word ‘LOOPHOLES’ in the context of ‘ADVICE’

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Genuine question! Just wondering what other funsters make of this email from caravan and motorhome club- Are they caring for members or being OTT? Given of course that even tier 3 are not banned from travel, only “advised”

Members and guests who reside in a Local Alert level of Very High should not travel to any of the Club’s other campsites whilst the alert is in place but can continue to stay at a campsite within their own very high alert area.

Please also be aware that on arrival at one of our campsites that is within a very high alert area, our sites teams have been asked to monitor home address details to ensure we are keeping all of our guests as safe as possible.
and guests who reside in a Local Alert level of Very High should not travel to any of the Club’s other campsites whilst the alert is in place but can continue to stay at a campsite within their own very high alert area.

Please also be aware that on arrival at one of our campsites that is within a very high alert area, our sites teams have been asked to monitor home address details to ensure we are keeping all of our guests as safe as possible
If you've been advised not to then why would you?

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Ok.
Good luck.
I am not looking for any loopholes but following the government advice.
From the Govt Covid website for Tier Two
You can still travel within high alert level areas to hotels and other guest accommodation, but you should only do this with people in your household or support bubble.

You can still go on holiday outside of high alert level areas, but you must only do this with people in your household or support bubble.

I obey the law and follow advice, to me the above seems clear enough. My other son is a police officer so wouldn’t wish to embarrass him by not doing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back