Caravan Club Certified locations (1 Viewer)

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Haven't been a member of the C C for many years now.

Could any member on MF give me the average charge for certified locations now to weigh up if it's worth re-joining or sticking to basic camp-sites at less than a tenner a night?

BW

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Haven't been a member of the C C for many years now.

Could any member on MF give me the average charge for certified locations now to weigh up if it's worth re-joining or sticking to basic camp-sites at less than a tenner a night?

BW

With EHU between £5-10.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never used 'em myself but looking at other posts it seems to vary between around a fiver to ten quid......some more, some less.

i've also read quite a few are now installing hookups.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In my opinion the CL net work is the only reason to join the CC. They are great, many charge something between 5 and £12 some might charge a little more.

CC sites are all the same, seen one, you've seen them all, CL's are all different, some CL owners become friends, max of 5 vans, but often on your own. the CL network is brilliant. In all these years, I can't remember having to show a membership card at a CL.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
No facilities 4 to 5 quid
Toilets n showers 5 to 8 quid
EHU 8 to 10 quid
Everything 10 to12 Quid
::bigsmile:

All can be more in places lie the Lake District. :Angry:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We used them almost exclusively last year, all with EHU and the lowest was £9 and the highest was £12. :Smile: We enjoy them & haven't met a jobsworth at any of them yet.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We only ever use CL's and CS's unless there is not one near where we want to go some these days have individual water taps, drainage and EHU - generally they are on farms or small holding prices we pay are between £7.00 and £10 very occasionally £12 when they are in high demand as they near prime areas - suprising how many sell eggs or bread home made jam - we found one in Kent that also had tame Wallabys !!! the lady of the house cooked home made pies and pasties for the local shops - would have been easy never to go off site - many of these are real gems and very friendly. Also if you are staying more than 7 days some will offer you a discount. There is a little CL we often stay on in Cornwall - in the middle of nowhere that has its own bar and restaraunt and do a fantastic steak and chips with trimmings a pint of beer with ice cream and coffee to follow all for £10 per head. Search for them and there are gems out there. I let too many know about one we used to go to and now have not been able to stay there for 18 months as they are always full !!:Eeek:

bazzer

Free Member
Jan 25, 2010
Funster No
CLs

Some of the best holidays we've enjoyed are on CLs, in a field, surrounded by nothing but nature, our own company, and the odd neighbour. Probably the closest you'll ever get to feeling truly away from it all, with a hook-up and just enough security for the entire family to feel safe.:Eeek:

And yes, they're great value compared to the main sites.

Stephen Neale

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
I Don't know if it's just us-------------but why would you pay a lot of money for a fully fitted out motorhome then pay a premium for a campsite with those same facilities ???
Most of us can go for several days without makeing use of anything from a site, as I have said before all we need is the space, water, a dump point and an EHU is nice, we run very well on 10amp but would manage on less if need be, (or none at all in the Summer)
We fully support CL and CS sites. We just prefer the smaller, less organised sites.
Nigel & Pamala

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Fully agree. Last year we used CLs to the exclusion of other full facility sites - apart from Warwick Racecourse site which we visited on a cheapo offer :Smile:

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Hi
I Don't know if it's just us-------------but why would you pay a lot of money for a fully fitted out motorhome then pay a premium for a campsite with those same facilities ???
Most of us can go for several days without makeing use of anything from a site, as I have said before all we need is the space, water, a dump point and an EHU is nice, we run very well on 10amp but would manage on less if need be, (or none at all in the Summer)
We fully support CL and CS sites. We just prefer the smaller, less organised sites.
Nigel & Pamala

The biggest problem with CLs and CSs is the lack of hard standings on many of them, otherwise I would agree with you.

ezee

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
C & CC cs's seem to be more expensive than CC cl's. I belong to both clubs but feel CC is of more use to me.

I know quite a few with hard standing although the majority are just fields like both clubs if you pay just for pitch and electric.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back