caravan club bookings (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Have to agree it is expensive - £357 for 14 nights in Edinburgh but we want to go to the festival. Will probably be the only CC booking or stay we make this year - we like Britstops, CLs and Aires and Stellplatz
I appreciate you may want site facilities but there is a month long Temporary Holiday Site by the C & CC at Dalkeith Country Park when the Festival is on. We had best part of a week this year at £8 per night. Bus stop at the gates £4 return to the centre of the city.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Expensive?no ! Vfm yes! ....bad service never from either club in 30yrs. ..
But Khizzie, as you said, better value if you are old and single........... :whistle:

I can't agree with you otherwise :). As for service, most people on this thread appear to be complaining about the booking system! and that is before they have actually got to site :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We decided last night to hack it down to Spain for Easter, rather than pay CC club prices.

Having said that it will cost us more:xdoh::xgrin:

On this occasion at £30 a night I totally,I have never paid that at a club site and like you never would..but having said that. I stayed at bobby shafto site at beamish at .. . £36 per night ...!!! With very poor facilities just so I could get easy access to the beamish museum...wouldn't pay that again..anywhere. .enjoy Spain,wish I was going..

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
But Khizzie, as you said, better value if you are old and single........... :whistle:

I can't agree with you otherwise :). As for service, most people on this thread appear to be complaining about the booking system! and that is before they have actually got to site :rolleyes:

So true chocksaway...it is cheaper for me ,I don't understand why some people have problems booking online,I am 71 yrs old,not very clever with the internet,but manage to book CC&C and CC sites with no great issues. ..must be my magic touch on the steam driven keyboard.haha

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What's this thread about, never been in cc, do you have to book this far in advance for next year,I'm in ccc, but never even thought about booking till the day before I'm going to get there, never found a full one , and going on the prices I saw this year don't think I will be going on any this year, have a look here
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/
More sites than you can shake a stick at without your upfront 50 quid.

mto

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
a newbie
Mind we were there last weekend and were evacuated on Saturday afternoon because of the River level, so maybe its not too bad that we couldn't book, does any one know if we will get a rebate?
I doubt it!
Hold my hands up and apologies to the Caravan Club. we did get a refund!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Have to agree it is expensive - £357 for 14 nights in Edinburgh but we want to go to the festival. Will probably be the only CC booking or stay we make this year - we like Britstops, CLs and Aires and Stellplatz
Theres a nice wee basic CL just nest to the Ski slope on the outskirts of Edinburgh with various buses running 24hrs to the city. The site is Damhead has hook up, toilet and waste disposal just no shower, we use it often and only £10 or £12 a night depending when.

OP
OP
Mr B

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
As regards service from the CC, we have only ever had good from which ever site we went on when we had the caravan. Same now with the Moho. We had to evacuate Rowntree park last Saturday evening, the poor old wardens running around, ringing people up etc. Also they had to move there vans up to higher part of the site. Got a phone call yesterday saying that they was refunding one nights fee to us:)
Can't get fairer than that can you.
Ps. They said they was hoping to reopen next week around the14/12/2015, but said to call 1st....

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Theres a nice wee basic CL just nest to the Ski slope on the outskirts of Edinburgh with various buses running 24hrs to the city. The site is Damhead has hook up, toilet and waste disposal just no shower, we use it often and only £10 or £12 a night depending when.
Thanks - might give them a call

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Do I get a special award because I've stayed in three different CC sites in the last two weeks? :xgrin:

The one near Wellington was just £11.50 a night but it is essentially an aire with no loo block - but it had really friendly and helpful wardens so I can live with the price hike above a French aire. The most expensive was near Uxbridge inside the M25 at £18.50 which I don't consider extortionate given the immaculate facilities it had.

But of course if all you want is a square of tarmac CC sites may not be for you which is why in Europe we often use aires. Unfortunately, these are scarce in England. :xsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back