Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show NEC February 2022 (1 Viewer)

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
I've been to this show a couple of times in the past - even put a down payment on my current bus there. But I've always gone by car.

Next year, we want to take the moho up there, but having never done it, is there motorhome-sized parking available, and is it more expensive than the cost for a car (currently free)?

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
we went a couple of years ago and 'wild camped' near a local reservoir for free, then drove the last few miles in the morning. im sure there are a few cl's in the area - if youre travelling up from Kent then Manor Farm near the junction of the M1/M6/A14 is a great place for a one night stopover and then a 45 min drive the next day - depending on traffic of course ! if we go next year, thats what we will be doing !! The cost was under a tenner a coupe of years ago

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
When we went thought it could be noisy for sleeping so stayed in a hotel and had a good night sleep

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As mentioned above - oodles of parking & many take motorhomes for the day but no overnight parking in the car parks at the NEC.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
As mentioned above - oodles of parking & many take motorhomes for the day but no overnight parking in the car parks at the NEC.
Doesn’t one of the clubs do a temporary site there ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
In case anyone is thinking of attending the October MC Show (or the area) at the NEC & might be interested in a great value, upmarket hotel break (19-22 October 2022) at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole at the NEC then please PM me for details of how to book direct with them for this offer. Rates are ÂŁ70 per person per night (2 night minimum) with three course dinner, welcome drink, breakfast, use of pool, sauna, gym, Wi-Fi & hotel parking (normally ÂŁ12 per day) included. As this offer is just once a year unfortunately it does not apply to the February Show.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I wonder if Hymer will be exhibiting in 2022?

My understanding is that by February 22 they will have sold out their 2023 production.
(2022 production will all be gone before Xmas 2021)

Aug 30, 2021
Anglessey
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
Since. 20 years
Anyone booked to go to camp fest we went last year I’ve booked already had a great time walked into Chester lovely

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
With most of the manufacturers/dealers selling out of 2022 stock fast and even tents, awnings and accessories in short supply, its more likely to be more of an exhibition than a show. I see the Manchester Show is an early casualty :-(

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Resurrecting this post now that the NEC show is mere weeks away.

I usually take the van when I go to stuff at the NEC. I've learned to park at the edges of the car parks since some g*t in a Range Rover drove into my bright red van in the car park there, despite the fact I was surrounded by about 800 empty spaces.... and was not even apologetic! I was sitting in the back having a pre-show cuppa, and leapt out to investigate on feeling the impact. Good job my tow bar protected the back of the van. His car got hooked up on it and I admit I rather uncharitably hoped that it would get damaged when he pulled back, but it didn't...

Anyhow, is anyone going? And if so, what are you going for? To consider a new van, look at accessories or just to nosy for day out? I freely admit this is a random curiosity post! I may be there, but I'm slightly afraid that if I go I will derail the decision I've FINALLY got to about keeping my current van!

OP
OP
DDJC
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging

I usually take the van when I go to stuff at the NEC. I've learned to park at the edges of the car parks since some g*t in a Range Rover drove into my bright red van in the car park there, despite the fact I was surrounded by about 800 empty spaces.... and was not even apologetic! I was sitting in the back having a pre-show cuppa, and leapt out to investigate on feeling the impact. Good job my tow bar protected the back of the van. His car got hooked up on it and I admit I rather uncharitably hoped that it would get damaged when he pulled back, but it didn't...

Anyhow, is anyone going? And if so, what are you going for? To consider a new van, look at accessories or just to nosy for day out? I freely admit this is a random curiosity post! I may be there, but I'm slightly afraid that if I go I will derail the decision I've FINALLY got to about keeping my current van!

Nah, we've sacked it. We were only going to view the Dometic pro air 390 drive away awning. But we've since just gone and bought one.

Aug 30, 2021
Anglessey
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
Since. 20 years
We just going for a noisy and a weekend away in a hotel and maybe go into Birmingham we are gone go on train which will be an experance

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not sure what day we will be going, but I usually enjoy it and catch up with one of my relatives, not sure if the stall he works on will be there though.

Aug 17, 2019
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
Heading down on the 24th and staying with relatives visiting the show on Saturday.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
we are definitely going, if we can get free tickets ......

if we cant get free tickets, then we wont be going, much rather spend the money at the Peterborough show instead and spend a few days there at a show dedicated to motorhomes ...

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985

My understanding is that by February 22 they will have sold out their 2023 production.
But isn't quite alot of the total sales to dealers rather than customers?

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.

Me and the good lady are there on the Tuesday (cheap tickets through c&mc)
Thinking of either a fiamma room thingy or just the s unshades whatsits.

If there's a brew in the offering camoyboy I'll drop in.

Will be at the Golf Show the Sunday before and staying in Kenilworth sun/Mon night's.

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
Going on the Saturday for a toot and nothing else. Will go down in the Motorhome and friends in theirs, then find a nice pub to overnight on the way home.

Tonks68

Free Member
Mar 28, 2020
South East
Funster No
MH
Hopefully one day
Exp
I’m a newbie
But isn't quite alot of the total sales to dealers rather than customers?

As far as I know, Hymer aren’t attending as a manufacture, along with others such as IH and I think Laika. But Hymer vans will still be shown on the dealer stands

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back