Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
@Khizzie, the majority of wardens I have come accross have been fine but this weekend we did encounter a warden that would benefit from a customer awareness course.! This is the opinion of a number of people I spoke to on the site. The rules I am referring to are those that require regimented pitching without due regard to the type of unit. I am fully aware of the necessity of many of the rules but do feel that a more flexible approach needs to be adopted with regard to some issues, We obviously disagree on these matters but Im afraid you may well see me on a site somewhere as I will continue to use them when they suit my needs.
Hope you let the Club know about his / her attitude problem. Because things like that cant be out right if nobody reports the issue.. p.s. Hope to meet you on a site somewhere ..Roy

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@Khizzie, yes Roy it will be progressed up the 'food chain' as an incident report had to be completed due to an injury sustained by one of our group. If you are coming to the Chester rally I hope to see you for a drink at the solos introduction get together on the Friday afternoon. Sorry for ranting!!,

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
@Khizzie, yes Roy it will be progressed up the 'food chain' as an incident report had to be completed due to an injury sustained by one of our group. If you are coming to the Chester rally I hope to see you for a drink at the solos introduction get together on the Friday afternoon. Sorry for ranting!!,
Sorry cant make Chester.lovely place though , my late wife's home city so know it well. Hope you all have a great time and don't forget to go to the covered market and get some welsh dragon sausages. . The best come from Boroughbridge but these at Chester are a good runner up.lol as for ranting I took no offence of that at all. Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Looks like marketing b******t to me.

I will believe that they are changing their attitude towards motorhomes when they allow us to pop into one of their sites and be able to pay just to pick up water and dump waste as the C&CC does on their sites.

In the past they have point blank refused to allow this.
If I am not mistaken there was a time when they would not accept Motorhomes in the CC I cancelled my membership back in 1990 don’t see me rejoining any time soon, too many rules,hitler type wardens, “clicky” rallygoers.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If I am not mistaken there was a time when they would not accept Motorhomes in the CC I cancelled my membership back in 1990 don’t see me rejoining any time soon, too many rules,hitler type wardens, “clicky” rallygoers.
They are probably just reflecting reality. I'm on their site at Brighton at the moment and MHs outnumber caravans by a significant margin. If I get bored I'll go round and count them. It may be different in summer of course as a lot of caravanners have young kids and restricted to school holidays.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I personally think that considering the time of year they changed the name, badges etc. it was a money/tax exercise-to 'loose' some money!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
If you cancelled
if you cancelled your membership in 1990 how on earth can you comment on the situation some 28years later.. ??

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
If you cancelled if you cancelled your membership in 1990 how on earth can you comment on the situation some 28years later.. ??
I found the CMC stuck in the 1950's. :)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
They are probably just reflecting reality. I'm on their site at Brighton at the moment and MHs outnumber caravans by a significant margin. If I get bored I'll go round and count them. It may be different in summer of course as a lot of caravanners have young kids and restricted to school holidays.

Deepest condolences.:xrofl:

We use Brighton CMC a lot. Our daughter lives in a student house share in Brighton so we stop there to visit her. Although we could park up on the seafront we prefer to have the comfort of the site. We have seen two changes to the warden team there, all have been very friendly and helpful.

Reactions: DBK

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I found the CMC stuck in the 1950's. :)
Not my experience at all. They didn't have safety rules then ..and you could pitch where you wanted a bit like the French Aires where you can hear your neighbour fart.. Much prefer the sites in Britain which are governed by sensible regulations rather than the way they were many .many years ago...

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sorry John you missed out, I forgot you were in Brighton I could have taken you to "The Powder Room Club" with us last night.:xgrin:
I'm a married man you know, lead me not into temptation! :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm a married man you know, lead me not into temptation! :)
It's not what you think.:xsmile:

upload_2017-12-14_11-24-3.png

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We like staying occasionally on the sites you know exactly where everything is and it's spotlessly clean. Never had a problem with a warden as we are always nice to them , kindness goes a long way!!
We do camp in muddy fields and on aires in summer so like all sorts of different sites.
For us the CMC has winter camping on hard standing which is a must for us as we love all year travel.

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
We like staying occasionally on the sites you know exactly where everything is and it's spotlessly clean. Never had a problem with a warden as we are always nice to them , kindness goes a long way!!
We do camp in muddy fields and on aires in summer so like all sorts of different sites.
For us the CMC has winter camping on hard standing which is a must for us as we love all year travel.

Same for us Anthea.. They may not be perfect all the time, but they are pretty close most of the times...

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
But your experience was 28yrs ago.
Nope; was a member for 6 years until this year. I camped in Europe before I joined the CC. Had the misfortuned to run into some of the poorer staff 2nd time out and still wonder why they are the only camping organisation in Europe that I have heard of that requires a peg to line up to. Always clean and tidy sites and facilities and used their rallies in Europe but no longer for me.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Wonder if they'll be making the pitches bigger/longer to all sites accommodate larger motorhomes? I have to alter my profile to make bookings at some sites and when I get there, there's usually a 2m grass space for overhang anyway.

Someone's already mentioned the pitch marker, which is a big bone of contention.

Probably won't alter anything but re-brand will be talking point & look good at the NEC this week.

I have noticed a number of sites have increased there max length in the last few months, may be due to the name change or just pure coincidence. I can always gauge the reaction on arrival by reviewing the wardens unit. If they have a caravan I get the usual "oh that's a large van etc etc etc" if they have a motorhome nothing much said.
I think a few noses are out of joint with the name change within the old guard, the ones with the very sad Regional President plaques strung across the front of the caravan windows

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
It's not just the length that's becoming a challenge for them, slide-outs are a difficulty, too. I guess they have to park away from the peg if a slide-out is on the peg side and will always require an 'awning pitch'.
Some caravans have slide-outs, too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back