Caravan and Motorhome Club Questionaire : Interesting insight (1 Viewer)

Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
Stayed at the Cherry Hinton (Cambridge) CMC site a couple of weeks ago. We received an online questionnaire yesterday about our stay, run by an independent company. This in itself is not unusual, what was however interesting were some of the questions being asked.

There were detailed questions about the level rules at the site, about how they were enforced. Questions asking if all members of staff acted in the same way or if one particular member of staff enforced the rules more assertively than others.

Lots of questions about staff attitudes and approach to service at check in, wait times, ease of access etc. etc.

We have always had good experiences at club sites but I know many Funsters have reported stays where the rules have got in the way of enjoyment. This questionnaire suggests that the CMC are tracking in on this problem. The results would make fascinating reading

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just received survey for Strathclyde Country Park.
Wonder if we'll get another three for the sites we've been on thereafter?
Could become a pita if we do!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Instant feedback on staff via an App or a form keeps everyone on their toes and while it is abused sometimes, mostly the overall picture derived from the feedback is normally spot on. In my experience people are quick to complain, but if you make it easy enough for them, quick to give praise where it's due too (y)

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Got the survey, but when I tried to fill it in it keeps freezing. After the 5th time I gave up, especially as there was a 2nd site that we had visited.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
We're going to stay at Chester Fairoaks in late April so we'll see if we get one. In the meantime, now that we have a German built MH with the Habitation Door and Awning on the 'wrong' side, I emailed CAMC to ask what flexibility there was in the pitching rules. Their response was clear and logical:
"Thank you for your email regarding pitching on Club Sites.

I can confirm the ruling regarding pitching is that The Club accepts outfits either being pitched nose in or reversed on to the pitch, however, the outfit, if reversed in, must be aligned with the marker post on the driver’s side and if pitched nose in, must be aligned with the marker post on the passenger side.

The above pitching is due to spacing, to avoid the spread of fire, there must be at least 6 metres spacing between facing walls of adjacent caravans, motorhomes or trailer tents and a minimum clear space of 3 metres between adjoining outfits in any direction.

There may be a handful of sites where the pitching needs are more specific to suit the site/layout.

If a motorhome is on an awning pitch and is not accompanied by a car and the safety spacing is adhered to, on request to the site staff, they can be pitched further over on the pitch to give them more space. This is down to the site staff to manage and not for the members to move the pegs without permission.

Thank you for taking the time to write in and I do hope the above is of help to you.
"

So, we'll be safer than we will when we stay on continental sites and aires (y) It will be interesting to see how Wardens interpret this in our case.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Why don't they just say that units need to be pitched to the right of the peg when you look from the access point on to the pitch. A lot easier to understand rather than if you reverse do 'x' and if you drive on do 'y'. They make it sound so complicated IMO.

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Hi, the 6 and 3 metre spacing is, as mentioned to help prevent fire spread between vehicles and is based on the expected heat output from an average fire of this type (I won't go into detail as I even bore myself once I get started on Fire Safety) having investigated a few fires at caravan storage sites (where the spacing isn't required) I can say that you would be surprised just how quick a small fire can take out multiple units in all directions.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Why don't they just say that units need to be pitched to the right of the peg when you look from the access point on to the pitch. A lot easier to understand rather than if you reverse do 'x' and if you drive on do 'y'. They make it sound so complicated IMO.

deleted because I didnt read your post correctly!

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Indeed. And being LHD, the instructions they give me are always wrong anyway.

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
I stayed at Cherry Hinton recently and received the survey but the questions weren't as detailed as that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back