Caravan AC (1 Viewer)

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
a couple have been sold on here , buyers/sellers may be able to advise..

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/search/55568004/?q=cool+my+camper&o=date&c[node]=299

personally I wouldn't want it hanging on the window outside (security risk), also bulky inside

reviews are mixed
Security risk in a box made of old egg boxes stuck together with toffee and chocolate with plastic windows ?(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Security risk in a box made of old egg boxes stuck together with toffee and chocolate with plastic windows ?(y)

many spend a lot of money on extra security measures; dead-locks, alarms, window locks etc..

leaving a window partial open, even on a catch, defeats all these..

it you would be a tempting target for the opportunist walk-by scrote .. a quick yank and it would be off and window laying open..

that is just my view.. the OP asked what we thought of them

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I dont have one , but having seen the output , 2400btu , would consider that expectations would be easily possible to be higher than reality . In a smaller MoHo on a not excessively hot day , and not totally in direct sunlight they would give some relief. On a hot evening they would be more realistic , and help get a nights sleep .
To give you some idea my 12mtr RV has twin units that put out 27000 BTU , so you see why 2400 should not be expected to freeze you in a 6mtr MoHo :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
many spend a lot of money on extra security measures; dead-locks, alarms, window locks etc..

leaving a window partial open, even on a catch, defeats all these..

it you would be a tempting target for the opportunist walk-by scrote .. a quick yank and it would be off and window laying open..

that is just my view.. the OP asked what we thought of them
I tend to leave the van open all the time we even sleep with doors and windows open very often, having had nearly 10 k worth of damage done to a previous van believe me any extra security is a total waste of my money apart from an alarm.
We haven't actually set ours yet as not been anywhere we felt the need.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
As anyone got a cool my camper AC unit and what do you think of it.
I have roof mounted aircon in our motorhome but recently invested in a cool-my-camper unit for our 7.4 meter Touring caravan and it works really well , the unit which hangs out the window brought the internal temperature down to a pleasant 20c on the recent hottest day of the year I did switch it on just after 9.30 am before it became really hot .
The unit only draws 1.5 amps approximately

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back