Caratec TV sound quality (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
Our new MH came with a media package fitted which includes a Teleco sat dish, Caratec tv and a Kenwood double din cab music system. Everything is fine with the exception of the TV sound system which is at best very adequate.
In an attempt to remedy the poor sound quality problem I have just ordered a USB powered 3.5mm bluetooth transmitter, the plan is to run the tv sound system through the Bluetooth setting on the cab media system via Bluetooth.
The question is simple, do you think the plan will work? If not is there a better plan that doesn’t involve plumbing wires all over the van into the Kenwood unit?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Technically it might work but if the sound comes from the wrong direction it could be strange.

I've always added amplified PC speakers to the van TV.

Reactions: Pia
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Coming out of the stereo is confusing, I’ve tried it and nobody liked it... in the end I bought a small Bluetooth speaker from Tesco but wired it into the back of the tv and stuck it on the bottom of the tv.... sound now comes from the front of the tv and sounds great...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Coming out of the stereo is confusing, I’ve tried it and nobody liked it... in the end I bought a small Bluetooth speaker from Tesco but wired it into the back of the tv and stuck it on the bottom of the tv.... sound now comes from the front of the tv and sounds great...
Must be you Garry, Hymers have a good set of speakers you just to set it up right. If watching from the cab seats you need to swap left & right from TV to head unit.

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
If you have Bluetooth capability on your tv and have the space try a soundbar.
I have added the Panasonic SC-SB1 2.1 Channel Speaker System to our MH Panasonic tv and it has transformed the viewing experience. Terrific sound quality given its small size. The additional Bluetooth steaming from IPhone Apple music etc is also a nice bonus.

OP
OP
Jim Schush
Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
The Bluetooth transmitter plan didn’t work, I managed to get the tv to connect to the kenwood unit but the sound kept cutting out.

After a bit of research I have found that the Caratec tv is actually made by a company called Reflexion. Checking there website they actually make a USB powered soundbar that fits to the bottom of the tv so it’s a perfect fit that won’t fall off when we are travelling and without a lot of messy wires.
I’ve just ordered one off Amazon at a cost of £59.99. I’m not expecting Bose quality sound however I am expecting a reasonable improvement.
I will upload some photos when I have fitted it.

Amazon product ASIN B011C02KMW

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Just as long as you don't have the same problem we had the other week at Devizes and again last week on a site in France with people banging angrily on the van door and wall shouting at us to turn the tv volume down! I know we are both deafish but it honestly wasn't loud and we weren't parked on top of these people. Perhaps some folk want complete silence in their vans at tea time?

OP
OP
Jim Schush
Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
We have finally got round to fitting the new sound bar and the verdict is positive. The sound quality doesn’t come close to our home system however in the motorhome it is a massive improvement on the standard tv speaker and sounds good in the confined space.

Attachments

• 48D11117-0DCD-457A-98C8-CF17F7409205.jpeg
    48D11117-0DCD-457A-98C8-CF17F7409205.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 43

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back