Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Have you looked at getting the car wrapped in vinyl ? No jokes please re 45's or 33's from you oldies.....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have you looked at getting the car wrapped in vinyl ? No jokes please re 45's or 33's from you oldies.....
I had thought of suggesting that earlier but it would cost a lot of money and probably end up looking like a crisp packet on wheels!

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Brilliant idea, any colour you like, will last ages not cost the earth, you could even find a sponsor who would pay for it.........Second thoughts, who wants a car with Durex written down the side :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Forget the Jimny, get her to have a run in a Smart For Two ... cheap and brilliant to drive. (y)

We had a HUGE row in Spain a couple of years ago..
She is not a bad driver but has sod all confidence in her ability
I asked her to walk to the entrance of the site, collect the smarty ( where it had been unloaded ) while I sort out the van etc
She just would not drive it.. She will not drive ANYTHING except her own car ( and do not get me started about that.. I bought it as an anniversary pressy after she had said quite a few times that she liked the wee Jimny ( at the time she had an A Class Mec thing ( the one like an overgrown Smarty )
It took me ages to get her to drive the Jimny ............

No stranger to wraps Steve :) Somewhere on here are some pictures of one of my Smarts wrapped as a shark !!

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I remember driving one. Quite tail happy.

tis true, even with big wheels n tyres uprated shockers I still managed to loose the rear and went into a farmers gate backwards missing both posts ( sXXt myself)

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
I had a mid life crisis a couple of years ago, guess that means I am going to live to 100! ;) for some time I had a curiosity what a smart car was like to drive so started looking around, found one that was a part ex that the garage wanted to sell on quickly, many wanted it but I got there first, what a fun car to drive, auto box but changes gear slowly like a manual it felt so fast and it had lots of goodies fitted as standard, thing is I didn't tell the wife I had bought it, Ooops :confused:. it was so much fun to drive, like the old days I would go out in it just for a drive, in town it felt so fast, 0-30 mph was blistering but ultimatley the wife was not happy so after 2 months I had my 'fix' and agreed to sell it, made a good profit so made her happy again. Now I have the MH she has talked about me changing the CRV because all I need is a commuter car and she says "why not buy another smarty car". Still love the smarty but think I have had my fix now.
Is there such a thing as an aftershock mid-life crisis because I would love to know what it is like to drive a Porsche :rock:

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
That's what the wife said, she didn't think much of the smart car either :LOL:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I had a mid life crisis a couple of years ago, guess that means I am going to live to 100! ;) for some time I had a curiosity what a smart car was like to drive so started looking around, found one that was a part ex that the garage wanted to sell on quickly, many wanted it but I got there first, what a fun car to drive, auto box but changes gear slowly like a manual it felt so fast and it had lots of goodies fitted as standard, thing is I didn't tell the wife I had bought it, Ooops :confused:. it was so much fun to drive, like the old days I would go out in it just for a drive, in town it felt so fast, 0-30 mph was blistering but ultimatley the wife was not happy so after 2 months I had my 'fix' and agreed to sell it, made a good profit so made her happy again. Now I have the MH she has talked about me changing the CRV because all I need is a commuter car and she says "why not buy another smarty car". Still love the smarty but think I have had my fix now.
Is there such a thing as an aftershock mid-life crisis because I would love to know what it is like to drive a Porsche :rock:

You must have either had an old one or one that had not had the air intake fix done !
Believe it or not, there is a mod you do to the air intake which speeds up the gear changes .. For all the work and mods and go faster stuff I have done I still have absolutely NO idea why it works, only that it does :) ..
Also worth changing the tic pipe to a brabus one on the pre 2008 models ( esp the 2004 to 2008 mk 7 Passion )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back