Car protection when towing. (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We have ordered a small car and are about to swap our all purpose Ifor Williams trailer for a car trailer. Because of the towing limit on the Carthago we cannot use a box trailer, unless we can find a lightweight one. We only have 1800kgs towing weight and the car weighs in at just over 1100kgs so we will have to buy a flat car trailer.
How do we cover/protect the car when on the move? The car will only be towed a couple of times a year as its main use will be a runabout whilst at our house in France.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I tow a Smart car on a small trailer. As far as I can see it is, if anything, less vulnerable to damage when on the trailer than when it's being driven. We've taken ours everywhere we've been with the MH for the last three years without ill-effect. What are you trying to protect it from?

Jun 14, 2011
Grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
7 years
I tow a Mazda mx5 as a TOAD and all I have done is put one of the RV type full width brushes acroo the back of the MH this seems to help (sorry no pictures as MH in storage). It was purchased online from one of the RV stores and was really east to fit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back