Car hire UK (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Having to fly back to the UK for a funeral and will need to hire a car for a couple of days.
My question is it cheaper to book car hire online from an airport or just as cheap to turn up at the airport car hire and book it there and then?

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Can’t answer specifically about that, but I have a hire car right now, and had one a few months ago too, and both times Enterprise came out cheaper than all the other well known and local companies. Booked online both times, and excellent customer service.
Take a walk round video of the car before you drive off;)

Would be inclined to book in case they don’t have what you want if u just turn up!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if you are a c&mc member, book online via them and they give extra discount off enterprise. and they will pick you up from a club site to go hire the car

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Always booked in advance through holiday autos or one of the other brokers . Used a company when we rented from Barcelona this year and I took out the brokers insurance rather than pay the hire company at the counter and was pleasantly surprised when we had a windscreen claim that they paid out no hassle. If you want the name I can probably find it I think it was enjoy car hire.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I had to hire cars on numerous occasions when my Mum was terminally ill. I found Enterprise were reasonable cost, well maintained cars and good customer service.

Booking on line, in advance, saved quite a bit of money.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back