Car Fest South (1 Viewer)

Apr 30, 2010
Reading
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returned 2010
Well we have been to this event on previous occasions and as such received an email telling me that tickets were on sale at 08.00hrs this morning.
Although we were not planning to go, curiosity got the better of me & I went on the site at about 09.30 this morning.
On our previous visits to the event a few years ago the tickets were all gone by about 08.05, so I was surprised that on the site both motorhome vouchers & tickets were available. I then realised why, - 2 adult weekend tickets plus a motorhome voucher were north of £600!
Now I understand that its all to do with charity but that seems rather a steep "donation" for the weekend- or am I rather out of touch with costs?

Arthur.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
£600 for a weekend car event :unsure:
That's why they say Charity Begins at Home I guess. :giggle:
LES

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
We stopped going a couple of years back after we queued for hour's to get in then basically jammed us in like sardines, the pitches were so tight that my guy ropes were under next doors van and vice versa - we mentioned the fire risk but it was quite quickly ignored.

I then had a massive bust up with a security guard with a massive chip on his shoulder who said that I couldn't sit down in the cordoned off area of around the front of the stage and that was the final straw.

Had some great times there but the early one's were the best and I now believe it's all just corporate greed!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I went to first one, at a castle near Chester, which was small and very good, even had Paloma Faith. Then went to next 3, once with the wife, and then couldn't get tickets for luv nor money.
Chris Evans on the early ones used to come around in the mornings getting everyone up and ready for the day too. I used to go on the bike with my tent for the weekend.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We looked at the prices and when we recovered from the shock thought, nah, not at that price!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back