Cantrack with ex Police investigators who track down stolen vans (1 Viewer)

Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
Can I recommend Cantrack (Cantrack.com) a company based in Milton Keynes. They are making a name for themselves with their recovery of industrial plant, but also vans and motorhomes. They have two product lines one is a GPS tracker, very good, but their Asset Tracker is worth a look at.

It's a small box that has its own battery. You effectively hide the box in your motorhome and leave it. My belief is if you place it somewhere where you can't retrieve it (provided it does not rattle) you leave it until the battery runs out - and we are talking about years. The unit sleeps most of the time but wakes up once or twice a day, at a time you set. This means it uses little power. If your van is stolen you tell Cantrack they can then locate your van and will have an investigator on site who works with the local Police to recover the item. So the subscription not only gets peace of mind but some real action if you have a problem. Now to be fair they won't be able to get everything back but 2018 year to date their recovery rate is 92.10%, the thieves will be looking for trackers but their success rate is I think, pretty good if not awesome.

As a subscriber you get a newsletter where the investigation guys report on items they have recovered and lots of arrests seem to follow. They also train Police officers so there appears to be a good link between a technology company and the Police.

This is an extract from their November 2018 newsletter:

We have had a couple of interesting jobs this month. The first, was a Mercedes Sprinter van stolen from inner London, which woke up in a small town in one of the eastern counties of the country. Our local Investigator was only 30 minutes away.He arrived on the scene and found the van parked on the driveway of a property displaying false plates. Once Police where on scene, several occupants of the property made themselves known to the Police and were arrested in connection with the theft, further enquiries are ongoing as they say.

Next, was a smaller delivery van which was stolen from South London late in the day. When the Asset tracker woke up, the unit was showing a short distance away from the theft site. Our investigator was on scene within a few minutes and found the van parked in an off-street parking bay.

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
I was on a course with their MD in the summer and we spent a bit of time talking about them putting their trackers on MoHos. They certainly seem to be very successful. I was thinking of putting one on my Defender and MoHo.

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
I saw a video where they stopped a van carrying a stolen bit of plant and as a bonus the van was also stolen, could have been the other way round.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
I think I saw 'for under a tenner a month' somewhere....so probably £9.99 :xgrin: but no mention of exact cost !
Current cost for one tracker seems to be around £15 permonth including VAT. The big USP, apart from the Investigations team is that it's not GPS based, so harder for the scallies to find?

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Current cost for one tracker seems to be around £15 permonth including VAT. The big USP, apart from the Investigations team is that it's not GPS based, so harder for the scallies to find?

I would have expected it to go up in two and a half years! still cheap 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back