Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Hi we are lookin to stay for a couple of nights here to visit the xmas market before we catch the ferry week Sunday.

Does anyone know if a 10metre RV will fit. If not can anyone suggest a reasonable priced
campsite

Thanks Chris

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
If its not too busy at the end where the grey water dump is you should be ok.
If its full it may be a bit tight. IMO

Mel

Duadua

Free Member
Nov 22, 2013
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2006
Hi we are lookin to stay for a couple of nights here to visit the xmas market before we catch the ferry week Sunday.

Does anyone know if a 10metre RV will fit. If not can anyone suggest a reasonable priced
campsite

Thanks Chris

It has been a while, over 5 years :Blush: since I had a look, but if my memory serves me right, I did not think it possible for a 12 m. RV and would question it being possible for a 10 m RV.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi you two :) We have seen a big Carthargo in there, but probably only 8m or just over. Gut feeling is 10m is too long. Next year they may extend into the opposite field. No good now of course. Without looking things up I do not know offhand where else. All the best. Jane and Bob :)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
not sure but the coach park nr Sainsburys had spaces for RV and opposite i felt sure there was a council yard which last year offered parking for motorhomes, 10 min walk to city centre. this is on B2248 Kingsmead road right on a roundabout both are opposite each other.:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Things may be a bit tight for you at the Park & Ride. The following is from their website and may be of interest to you. No overnighting though.

As an alternative to Park & Ride we have spaces available at Canterbury Coach Park. There are 10 bays within a short walk of the City centre and these are located in Canterbury Coach Park on Kingsmead Road (CT1 1BD) and include a visitor centre with basic facilities. The cost is £10 per 12 hours and tickets can be purchased from pay and display machines on site at any time.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Give the C&CC site there a ring to see if they can "fit" you in. Nice site and bus stop right outside site entrance.
Reasonably priced? thats open for discussion::bigsmile:

damar

Free Member
Nov 22, 2013
buckinhgam bucks
Funster No
MH
autocruise star spirit
Exp
first van in 1967
The park and ride site at Canterbury is great, we used it twice last year. I don't think you will have any trouble with size of your van, after our visit we were so impressed with it that I emailed the council and got a lovely reply saying that it has been so popular that they intend to enlarge it, and put an additional tap in further away from the wc dump. remember you can not get in on a Sunday, but there is plenty of room on the approach road to stop over night. Why oh why don't more cities do this and encourage people to visit them and spend money in there shops

Attachments

• DSCF6893.jpg
    DSCF6893.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
Destination Unknown

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Canterbury P & R

Thanks to all who answered. Glad to know that we can fit on but have decided to book on the CC site Black Horse but will certainly mark it a favourite for when we return.

Thanks Chris

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Canterbury P & R

Chris,

Try e-mailing colin.perris@canterbury.gov.uk (head of Parking Services, I think) and you should get a definitive response. He has proved to be a very useful contact to a number of us on this site.

Alternatively, you could have a look on Google Earth. The P & R is at co-ords 51deg15'43.71"N , 1deg06'07.93"E

John

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Slightly off topic but, how do you actually get into the camper parking?
And how do you pay?
Also is there a cut off time in the evening for entry?
The reason I ask is that a couple of months ago I arrived on the late ferry from Calais and couldn't see how to access the camper parking. I ended up parking in a lay-by with a load of lorries :Sad:

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Canterbury P & R

If my memory is still ok I think the entry is closed from about 20:30 each evening and doesn't open at all on Sundays.

The Canterbury web site (canterbury.gov.uk) will lead you (eventually) to the information.

John

(also in France)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back