Canterbury Park and Ride latest (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Last night we stayed at the Canterbury P&R, which is our usual destination for our pre-season check up to make sure we had repacked everything we had taken out and everything on the motorhome is still working as it should be. We were going to go for Thursday night but brought it forward because the weather forecast for later in the week is poor. Good job we did as the weather was glorious and we sat out in the sun for the first time this year.

It was emptier than we have ever seen it. Only half full in the car parking area. There were only 4 motorhomes in the main motorhome area. But we always use the overflow car park as it is much quieter, and only shared it with one other motorhome, a large vintage Hymer.
20210511_182815.jpg

Price has gone up to £4 per day, so it cost us the grand sum of £8.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Good to see the overflow is open again, when I went there in the 1st week of January 2020 it was closed. When` I arrived at the other side of the tunnel for my customary 1st night I found out why:rolleyes:

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
The overflow is quite and you get more space never stayed on the main parking .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
We met the chap in the vintage hymer last july on our way to France. He had returned from full timing in Spain.There were five motorhomes parked in the whole carparks which included us. Worried us slightly but we headed south and had no problems.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
the guy in the old hymer has been there at least a month he intends staying until he can return to spain. This is not what aires are for and if we get a few more like him it will end up getting the facility shut i belive theres another van there doing the same

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
the guy in the old hymer has been there at least a month he intends staying until he can return to spain. This is not what aires are for and if we get a few more like him it will end up getting the facility shut i belive theres another van there doing the same
Yes it’s always the minority who ruin it for everyone else.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I did read somewhere they had been given dispensation during lockdown to stay there longer but that is no longer a reasonable excuse to stay there.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

I believe he got permission to stay as campsites are shut. He is no just taking the pee.

Geoff

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I believe he got permission to stay as campsites are shut. He is no just taking the pee.

Geoff

I should have added that I know the guys who supervise the place and the CPs Manager, who I was in touch with this week, but not about this guy, and I can assure you that he would not be there without permission, but they are also reasonable people, which is why the whole facility exists.

The supervisors like the MH visitors - they know we are no trouble and contribute to the City and their salaries. Everyone wins.

Geoff

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
If he is paying the parking fee and the car park is empty what harm is he doing?
It’s not a campsite it’s a car park. If he wants to stay somewhere for a few months he should book onto a CL.
You may argue that one van makes no difference but a lot of parking places around the country have been lost because more vans arrive at spots and stay for weeks on end.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
He is a good guy who was stuck with nowhere to park . He has permission from the carpark manager . The place must hold upto 100 vans give him a break there cant be more than five on there at a time at present. As others have said he is waiting to return to Spain so not long now and he will be gone and you moaners can have his space seeing as there is no room to park.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
It’s not a campsite it’s a car park. If he wants to stay somewhere for a few months he should book onto a CL.
You may argue that one van makes no difference but a lot of parking places around the country have been lost because more vans arrive at spots and stay for weeks on end.
I think that's true in many cases. However surely if he pays 24hrs parking, makes no mess and its otherwise empty thats gotta count in his favour a bit.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
He is a good guy who was stuck with nowhere to park . He has permission from the carpark manager . The place must hold upto 100 vans give him a break there cant be more than five on there at a time at present. As others have said he is waiting to return to Spain so not long now and he will be gone and you moaners can have his space seeing as there is no room to park.
There are only about 25 designated places the others are car parking and over the lead up to Christmas MH are banned from them

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
The overflow carpark is massive cant see the problem. He is a one off not a Itinerant taking the mickey live and let live a couple of weeks and he will be off to Spain.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
If you really want to set the cat amongst the pigeons park up, go to the Innkeepers Lodge for a meal and ask the Irish Landlord what part of Wales he is from!!!!!! Stayed here about 10 times in last 6 years and always had a good meal after winding landlord up and he will remember you! Meals and banter got better every time,!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back