Canterbury P&R again (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We are intending to use the P&R at Canterbury before taking the Tunnel.

Does anyone know if the public transport operating to the City Centre allows dogs to travel?

I have asked the website and received an automated e-mail saying they will reply within 14 days. That could be after we have left!

Oct 5, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Ci Mizar Gtl
Exp
Hi, can't see any reason why not, we take our dog regularly on all public transport in Kent, including the train into Canterbury, buses all round the South East and South West, Taxis and river buses. Never had a problem anywhere except the one owner operated Taxi.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Yes you can take your dog on the bus. We have done numerous times. Have a good trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
As above, we used the aire a few weeks ago and took our dog on the bus.
Of course, there will be the interfering busybody half way down the bus who says loudly as you walk past them " Are dogs allowed on buses...)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Cost you, they USED to charge child ticket once upon a time.(40 years ago) but the bus from the park and ride is free to users of the park so I guess the dog free as well.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I received a reply from Canterbury Council today telling me that, although carrying dogs is at the discretion of the driver, they are not aware of anyone being refused over the last eight years.

I have responded thanking them for the reply and for the provision of motorhome facilities at the P&R. I have pointed out that we will spend money at the P&R, at the Pub opposite, and in Canterbury, during our visit, and also thanked them for their enlightened attitude.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As above, we used the aire a few weeks ago and took our dog on the bus.
Of course, there will be the interfering busybody half way down the bus who says loudly as you walk past them " Are dogs allowed on buses...)
I hope you used the "well they let you on " reply ? :LOL::LOL:

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
You should try Nottingham. It cost SWMBO £1 for the dog but she was then informed by the driver to keep the ticket as it was valid for the whole day. We have paid in other areas as well. Brighton was a nice surprise we got on the Bus and asked about the dog only to be told no charge. Even excepted my Nottingham City Bus Pass but SWMBO had to pay £2 seemed to be a minimum fare. It's really amazing how popular Canterbury is and what can be done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back