Can't wait to get on the road (1 Viewer)

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi All, we are Rod Julie and Barney (a Cavapoo), and for our sins live in Lichfield, Staffordshire. After much deliberation, we have just bought a 2003 Elddis Firestorm, and have spent the last couple of weeks kitting it out. We did briefly own a Motorhome a few years ago, but due to work commitments, used it very little. We are still running in the rat race, but have decided that we need to spend a little more time enjoying life. We expect that initially most of our travels will be limited to2 or 3 night stays, with the odd week long breaks thrown in. We are hoping to join some of your rallies, and welcome any advice you would like to share, regarding getting the most out of our new baby.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome! My husband and I have recently joined Fun and have been on two meets already! It's tremendous fun and everyone is really friendly and welcoming. We have only just bought our first Motorhome and like you I have to work, but we always have the weekends and holidays! Look forward to maybe meeting you at a meet or rally!
:welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Hi and a warm welcome from us, 10 miles up the the A51

Enjoy your new toy and use it well.
There are many local places just a few miles away to get the most of you holiday time, you don't need to go far

Have fun

Adrian

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hello ... Bonjour ... from this side of the channel!

When you'll be ready for longer trips out in your baby, have a try down south west France, you'll be most welcome!

Amicalement

Frankie;):cool:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We picked our Autotrail Wentworth up two weeks ago and after a night out in Wales we are going on our first Rally next week at Southport so use your weekends and enjoy.

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
hi and welcome :welc:.don't want to be nasty but is it just me or do other people not quite get this cross bread stuff . did'nt used to be called mongrels .:boxing: :getmecoat: STAN

Reactions: kcy
OP
OP
Julie And Rod

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
We picked our Autotrail Wentworth up two weeks ago and after a night out in Wales we are going on our first Rally next week at Southport so use your weekends and enjoy.
We have just booked to go to Southport too, so look forward to meeting you

OP
OP
Julie And Rod

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
hi and welcome :welc:.don't want to be nasty but is it just me or do other people not quite get this cross bread stuff . did'nt used to be called mongrels .:boxing: :getmecoat: STAN
I agree with you, a friend of mine had this mix of dog, and we liked its temperament and the fact they have fur not hair. Hence our decision to buy one, not because of fashion trend. Promise We won't be offended if you call our boy a mongrel!

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Julie and Rod, welcome.

Wishing you much joy with your van, just to let you know you need to have spent your £10 on membership to join in a rally or meet.

Good luck.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there both and a warm welcome to MHF from us 2(y)
Brian and Jo

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Hi and welcome, lots of nice little sites not far from you in Ashbourne area. See you at Southport.(y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.

I partly agree Stan but they are cross breds rather that the local randy dog grabbing hold of your bitch, this is planned. Plus the Kennal Club are in trouble about close breeding and are trying to open the lines out :D

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Welcome,
Alan + Diane,

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
My understanding was that particular breeds were purposely bred for health purposes? My niece has health problems exacerbated by dog hairs but loves dogs. She now has a lovely Labrador/Poodle cross that has alleviated the problem.

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Hi Julie and Rod welcome to fun Great club Great people.Looking forward to meeting you at Southport.

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
My understanding was that particular breeds were purposely bred for health purposes? My niece has health problems exacerbated by dog hairs but loves dogs. She now has a lovely Labrador/Poodle cross that has alleviated the problem.

just get a sheep :whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:only joking i'll get me tin hat:getmecoat::getmecoat:STAN

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Hi, Julie and Rod welcome to the forum, enjoy your motor home and your travels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back