Can't record Iplayer downloads anymore (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I have been using Audials to record Iplayer downloads, but everytime time now I try to record the video stops, guess the BBC must have got wise to this. And direct recording from Chrome seems to be scuppered as well. :( Only started in the last week, been recording Versailles and got to Episode 4, but can't record anymore.
Pity it was nice to record stuff and watch it at my leisure.

Ian

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Only for a limited time Nick, from the iplayer site.

You can now download most programmes for 30 days after they're shown on TV.

You'll then have until the end of that same 30-day period to watch the download.

At the end of the 30-day period, programmes will be deleted. So keep an eye on the expiry date of each programme you download to make sure you don't miss out!

Recording using Audials I can watch whenever I like, now or in 10 years time. :D The programme records from your computer screen, but as I said the Beeb must now have some way to detect this.:(

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Install Freerapid from http://wordrider.net/freerapid/ ...run it, then Copy your iPlayer link to clipboard. Freerapid then finds the actual download link and grabs it :)

Is there any chance you can expand, for the technically handicapped, exactly what the iPlayer link is? Is this for the particular program you want to download? An example will be very helpful for me :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Is there any chance you can expand, for the technically handicapped, exactly what the iPlayer link is? Is this for the particular program you want to download? An example will be very helpful for me :(

Here's what I did.
I downloaded freerapid and ran it, you get a box come up, next run iplayer and select what programme you want to watch, once it starts copy the url in the address bar, freerapid grabs this and starts downloading the stream. If it doesn't paste the url into the freerapid box.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back