CAN'T HEAR THE MOTORHOME TELLY :-( (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
My 16" MoHo TV is located centrally in the hab' area. It's fixed on a multi-positional bracket in order that it may be swung from pointing towards the hab' seating or to the fixed bed area.

Problem is, as the sound is projected rearwards, I can't easily hear the bloody thing up the seating end, even when I have the volume on 100%! I can't move it closer, because the power and aerial sockets are next to the bracket. I'd like to add some form of extension speaker(s) up the seating end, but don't want to drill holes or run unsightly audio wires throughout the van.

Is there a cheap Bluetooth or other wireless transmitter/receiver option?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My 16" MoHo TV is located centrally in the hab' area. It's fixed on a multi-positional bracket in order that it may be swung from pointing towards the hab' seating or to the fixed bed area.

Problem is, as the sound is projected rearwards, I can't easily hear the bloody thing up the seating end, even when I have the volume on 100%! I can't move it closer, because the power and aerial sockets are next to the bracket. I'd like to add some form of extension speaker(s) up the seating end, but don't want to drill holes or run unsightly audio wires throughout the van.

Is there a cheap Bluetooth or other wireless transmitter/receiver option?

Buy a better tv......:rolleyes:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
images

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
avtex has a fm transmitter built in so you can listen on the stereo in the van

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
plenty of wireless speakers about...just plug the transmitter into the tv and put speakers where you need the sound

like these
Broken Link Removed

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
But seriously, there is a pair of audio sockets in the same panel as the TV sockets in our van that plugs directly into the vehicle audio. Is there anything like it in yours?

Terry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I had the same thing ( well similar ) in he Miller.
I bought a cheap pair of amplified speakers that draw their power from the USB socket on the telly, so just plugged in the audio lead and USB and all sorted.
As I use the USB for a hard drive as well I did buy a multi USB thing.. I had to try a few before I found one that actually supplied voltage to the multi sockets as well as data and ended up getting a 'Trust' one.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for the replies guys. Gave me a laugh too!
Never thought of using those Tevion type speakers. Funny thing is, I've got some in a box somewhere - used them a few times in the garden for family BBQ's. Problem with those is, each speaker (plus the send unit) need 240v power. That means (assuming you're on hook-up) a requirement of 3 mains sockets or yet more trailing extn leads, which the wife hates.

Thanks for the ideas; will keep looking (for a system OR different wife;))

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back