can't get the wife to enjoy motor homing.... (1 Viewer)

Collyer911

Free Member
May 30, 2013
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hi all

try as i might i can't get the mrs to enjoy the motorhome,
we've been away at new year and watched the fireworks at cromer,which i thought where fantastic, but she always complains its not comfortable and to cramped....
where away at easter and I've got an awning to give us a bit more room,
any advice to get her into it,
i love it, shooting off for just a night sometimes just for the peace and quiet and watch movie or two...
tips please ...

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
cant get wife to enjoy

hi all

we've been away at new year and watched the fireworks at cromer,which i thought where fantastic, but she always complains its not comfortable and to cramped....
i love it, shooting off for just a night sometimes just for the peace and quiet and watch movie or two...
tips please ...
try the one next door after all its only for the odd night jt

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Go somewhere warm and sunny, where she can relax outdoors.

Try the South of France, for example. :thumb:

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Ask her where SHE would like to go and what she would like to do when there? Try that 3 times, if still no joy then consider giving motor homing a miss. It's not for everyone:whatthe:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
hi all

tips please ...

I know the feeling well

:Angry::thumb::thumb:

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Go to the wife shop and purchase a new one or camp next to a good restaurant near some shops

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Get a new wife.

Sorry. That wasn't terribly helpful.

What exactly doesn't she like? Try tailoring your adventures to include aspects she does like.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Really feel for you .... We are not all the same thankfully but it is good when you can enjoy it together you can only ask her what type of places she would like to visit and what type of places she would stay in ......and make your motorhome as comfy as possible.

I suppose we all buy motorhomes for different reasons and definately one size does not fit all ...... the clear benefit that I can see for everyone is greater access and an increase in leisure time but I am sure you know that.

Sorry if reply not much help but didnt want your post to disappear without a response! :Sad:

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
buy a motorhome made of chocolate :thumb:

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Is it the layout of the van that is not working for her? :Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
not comfortable? So is it heat, somewhere to lounge, seats too hard, bed too hard all of these things can be altered, does she enjoy a drink, do you go abroad follow the sun in winter, visit what beaches, zoos, museums, new cities quiet countryside soothing waterside locations. If she still won't come around suggest going on your own, many do and many more would like to.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Go somewhere warm and sunny, where she can relax outdoors.

Try the South of France, for example. :thumb:

Mike

I agree with Mike, but also with the other posters who have suggested asking her where she would like to go and what she would like to do. We use ours for different things, chilling, exploring different places, searching for religious icons in foreign cathedrals (we're not religious, but can't resist a clandestine photo of a saint's finger nail/skull part/toe nail etc etc. Also if you do cross the channel, try sleeping in a vineyard, having lunch on a beach in St Tropez, walking into Honfleur, climbing Le Puy de Dome.... or failing all that, we will arrange a meet where us girls can ambush her, and wear her down with collective experiences and the news that she doesn't have to do any cooking, cos you will be barbying everyday ...... :roflmto:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Its a woman thing try as you might you wont please them. We had a huge A class with masses of room SWMBO didn't like it. Now we have a campervan and she is already planning several trips ahead.

My conclusion - you will like it whatever it is; so bite the bullet, tell her you will change the mh as soon as she finds one that she likes.

Logically the ball is in her court and it should solve the problem but knowing wives I wouldn't bet.

Norman

OP
OP
C

Collyer911

Free Member
May 30, 2013
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Is it the layout of the van that is not working for her? :Smile:

i don't think so ,got an over cab bed that tucks away , that she finds uncomfortable, a through lounge etc

i always take her to caravan club sites so the showers and toilets are emaculate if she wants to use them as well

her favorite campsite is pentewann sands in cornwall but you can't take dogs there and as we have a big old english is a nightmare trying to convince her to go anywhere else

OP
OP
C

Collyer911

Free Member
May 30, 2013
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
not comfortable? So is it heat, somewhere to lounge, seats too hard, bed too hard all of these things can be altered, does she enjoy a drink, do you go abroad follow the sun in winter, visit what beaches, zoos, museums, new cities quiet countryside soothing waterside locations. If she still won't come around suggest going on your own, many do and many more would like to.

thats what i do most times.....

i love a night or two away on my own to have a think,or just some peace and quiet,
but have been to some beautiful sites and can't help thinking she would love it here...

OP
OP
C

Collyer911

Free Member
May 30, 2013
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I agree with Mike, but also with the other posters who have suggested asking her where she would like to go and what she would like to do. We use ours for different things, chilling, exploring different places, searching for religious icons in foreign cathedrals (we're not religious, but can't resist a clandestine photo of a saint's finger nail/skull part/toe nail etc etc. Also if you do cross the channel, try sleeping in a vineyard, having lunch on a beach in St Tropez, walking into Honfleur, climbing Le Puy de Dome.... or failing all that, we will arrange a meet where us girls can ambush her, and wear her down with collective experiences and the news that she doesn't have to do any cooking, cos you will be barbying everyday ...... :roflmto:

i really like the sound of that!!!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Count yourself lucky...

My Princess loves motorhoming so much she has gone off and bought one for herself...

So now, on this Saturday evening, instead of her and me having a cosy chat over Skype where I could share with her all today's football news and happenings, she has gone off in her Hymer with her niece and I am here all alone posting of Fun...

JJ :Cool:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
By 'ell you've got it made :Smile:

Weekends on the lash, away from the missus. Lucky bastid :Smile:

Go on son :Smile:

Oops. Sorrry. That may not have been the answer you were looking for :Sad:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Broken Link Removed

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hello.
The WIFE !! loves m/homing.............. we went back c/vanning for two years,but no prizes for guessing what arrives 25/28 0f april ? (The hand that rocks the cradle etc...)
Just a suggestion if you don't mind.....

BUY PETNWEEN ? SANDS,ALTER THE RULES TO DOG OWNERS ONLY.......
RESULT !!!!!.
Please excuse the shouting,but i am outside of several cans of 7.9% beer from my own special cellar,"Netto" near Epperleques ?,close to Dunkirk,n'uff said. I am in NO pain at all thank you.
Tea Bag.....(As was :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Count yourself lucky...

My Princess loves motorhoming so much she has gone off and bought one for herself...

So now, on this Saturday evening, instead of her and me having a cosy chat over Skype where I could share with her all today's football news and happenings, she has gone off in her Hymer with her niece and I am here all alone posting of Fun...

JJ :Cool:

Sorry mate, have read your post several times but still can't see the issue...
:ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
If you want her to go with you say you are going on your own at the weekend get your best togs out and ask her to press them get a smart haircut find all your aftershave etc and load all this in the van making sure she knows you are taking a great pride in your appearance cover yourself in aftershave and keep saying how much you are looking forward to the weekend.
It may work you have to get her to "think" you may be up to something:ROFLMAO:
she may well never let you out of her sight though:ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
seriously, you need to find out exactly what she doesnt like

"its not comfortable" is an excuse, you need to get down to the nitty gritty.

What isnt comfortable - is it the bed? If so get a sprung mattress made to order or use a foam mattress topper? Are the seats too hard if so get cushions or change them.

Too cramped? what does she mean. Do you need a larger motorhome?

My best advice to you is get her to the Chester meet or one of the motorhome shows and book and pitch up with motorhomefun.

If our members cannot change her mind, then sorry but she has already decided.

I reckon we could though :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I have the opposite problem, I love my Motor home, husband isn`t into MH`s so it is for me and my dog, we have a caravan have had caravans for twenty five years, to me it is such a hassle before going away and then when you arrive, life is so much easier with a MH, I am still hoping I can persuade him, but I an not mentioning it again, I am going off to Norfolk, with my dog, my Daughter lives there, and I love Norfolk, enables me to visit friends that live further away and I can stop over, it would be better to share the experience but I am not holding my breath, as it is my everyday vehicle I do use it a lot, so it isn`t sitting there for months on end.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Bring her on a trip to Scotland with the motorhome and once she realises she can get to so many beautiful places she will fall in love if that fails send her to a hotel while your away in the MH and meet up :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back