Can't find motorhome wheel jack (1 Viewer)

Holly1993

Free Member
Jun 23, 2014
North East England
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
I recently bought a Swift Suntor 2003 motorhome and have no idea where the jack and wheel brace is kept. Is anyone able to help

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Daft question

Does it have a spare wheel? If not no jack required, call breakdown service.
If so should it have a jack or do you just call the breakdown service?

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Maybe a previous owner removed it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
If its on a Fiat Ducato chassis, it could be under the drivers seat; accessed from the front:cautious:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Have to concur, on Fiat Ducato, under passenger seat at front is a flap with a catch, release this catch and open the door. There should be a plastic suitcase kinda thing, containing jack, towing eye and a few other bits. Under drivers seat is a black plastic tray (where I keep the HiVis vests for Europe).

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
If it's a Merc it may be under the floor at the passengers feet. Now did Swift ever do a Merc???

Swiftroy1

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
If you find it, then definitely use it in a safe environment and see how easy it would be to change a wheel with the spare. If you find it as difficult as I did, then get breakdown cover and don't attempt to do it yourself.

OP
OP
H

Holly1993

Free Member
Jun 23, 2014
North East England
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the help everyone. Mine's a Fiat chassis and leisure battery is under driver's seat so think it has probably been removed from under passenger seat at some point. It isn't in the wheel well so don't know where else it could be but thanks again everyone for being so helpful

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Remember the weight of your new toy, now imagine that weight sitting on some toy town manufactures jack with you at the side of the road or on a muddy site.
Now do the safe thing, join a breakdown service,or buy a decent air inflator and a tyre sealant kit.
The side of the road is not the place to jack up a heavily loaded MH.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Even if you find it it will be useless, in my experience they would be unable to lift a loaded motothome. I carry a decent bottle jack after having one hell of a job changing (or trying to change) a wheel.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Its in the previous owners garage........

It would have been a scissor jack, totally unsuitable for the weight of a motorhome.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Usually if a motorhome does have a manufacturers jack on board,its very poor quality.we always carry our own bottle jack.for the motorhome we have just ordered which is 5ton we will carry a 10ton bottle jack.we use a higher lifting capacity for safety and ease of use.:cool:(y)
brian and jo

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Where did I read very recently that it's compulsory somewhere to carry wheel changing equipment?
That's ruined my cunning plan of losing weight and not taking the lifting tackle in order to bring back more wine. Drat.
I've just personally lost double figures in Kgs and just had to put the same amount back in the 'van in the shape of the jack and assorted VERY large nut removers supplied with it.
At least said nut removers could come in very handy, (they're just within reach under the drivers seat) should some 'undesirable' wish to have an impolite conversation at the drivers door

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
My prefacelift 2006 on a 2007 plate had no where for the jack and equipment as such, and it was just loose under one of the hab seats..

The Autotrail I have now on the later facelift type Ducato is under the passenger seat in a styrene enclosure
In a Ci ( 2008 on a Ducato ) I recently worked on it was under a floor plate in the front of the cab beside the battery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back