Canon camcorder MVX2i no image (1 Viewer)

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
The camcorder has not been used for some time because husband Derek says it doesn't work. I want to make it work if I can to get some up-to-date videos. When we try recording we get sound but no picture. I know little about this but I have read the manual from cover to cover, discovered what most of the buttons and compartments are but there is nothing in the troubleshooting section and I can find nothing relevant on YouTube. I thought there might be a factory reset button or hole but perhaps there is another way to reset. Any ideas please.

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
Wellllllll, you said “any ideas“ so I’ll start with......remove the lens cap ;)

I’ll get my coat...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it could be the tiny little CCD chip has popped as sometimes they do. If so, it's junk as not worth the time fixing. A relatively basic smart phone or tablet will have a far better CCD video chip. well above the 1.3meg on your sony. Hardly anyone buys or uses camcorders any more

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Thanks TheBig1
I suppose we have to hang on to it so that we can watch the three or four pre-recorded 'tapes' via the TV. There's a super video of our Golden Wedding celebrations - one in the hotel restaurant with all the family and the other a tea party for friends and neighbours in the village hall.

In all the recent sorting we've also found 8mm tapes with recordings of the children when they were very young but no projector to show them. I wish technology wasn't moving so fast - our grandparents never had this problem. :LOL:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thanks TheBig1
I suppose we have to hang on to it so that we can watch the three or four pre-recorded 'tapes' via the TV. There's a super video of our Golden Wedding celebrations - one in the hotel restaurant with all the family and the other a tea party for friends and neighbours in the village hall.

In all the recent sorting we've also found 8mm tapes with recordings of the children when they were very young but no projector to show them. I wish technology wasn't moving so fast - our grandparents never had this problem. :LOL:
there are numerous places you can take/send the tapes and 8mm to be digitised. then you can share them with family around the world and always have access regardless how technology changes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back