Cannock Chase site open again but what a price! (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
There has been an Issue for many years with "solo" van user`s. I agree it is unfair. But with respect most solo users still use the same amounts of electricity and only a little less water/Dump. The site still has the same Overheads per pitch as if 5 use it. I can see where this is coming from. We had an acquaintance who moaned like hell about paying the same/ more taxes than me, despite the fact he had No kids. That tune changed when HIS arrived!.

CCC, I just had a Look at Boroughbridge, (Closed for the rest of 2020). but taking bookings for 2021. SWMBO` would like to go back to Newby Hall, she last went with the W-I back in the 90`s. Come april 2021 I can book it for £15.40P/n mid week . full facility site.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
There has been an Issue for many years with "solo" van user`s. I agree it is unfair. But with respect most solo users still use the same amounts of electricity and only a little less water/Dump. The site still has the same Overheads per pitch as if 5 use it. I can see where this is coming from. We had an acquaintance who moaned like hell about paying the same/ more taxes than me, despite the fact he had No kids. That tune changed when HIS arrived!.

CCC, I just had a Look at Boroughbridge, (Closed for the rest of 2020). but taking bookings for 2021. SWMBO` would like to go back to Newby Hall, she last went with the W-I back in the 90`s. Come april 2021 I can book it for £15.40P/n mid week . full facility site.
Nah, surely not. Lots (half) less water and dump. Lots less rubbish in the bin. . Much less glass, tin and plastic recycling... but maybe that's just me and Janine cos we are angels. :)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Nah, surely not. Lots (half) less water and dump. Lots less rubbish in the bin. . Much less glass, tin and plastic recycling... but maybe that's just me and Janine cos we are angels. :)

(y) :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 15, 2020
Devon
Funster No
MH
PILOTE 650 E
Exp
I think those who reccomend voting with their feet, have the right idea. If it seems unduly expensive, go elsewhere.
I spent two nights at a lovely little site for £13pn inc EHU & hardstanding, just off the A40, on my way to Shrewsbury, after leaving Swansea. Then a Britstop : The Sliperstone Inn near Shrewsbury. No facilities, other than a loo, but in an ANOB. Meal and a pint, less than £12.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Can you def

Can you define likes of me, please, since we have never met!

As described by yourself above.

"The problem is that we can talk with our feet and stay away from the ludicrously high priced sites but there are many, on this forum too, for whom money is no object and they won't bother staying away. Hence high prices remain and those, who are having to watch their outgoings, lose out anyway. :(

There was nothing personal in it.

Geoff

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
I have never stayed anywhere overnight in the UK and i see no reason to change my views, the stories i read here are horror stories.
I can say that i have stayed at quite a lot of camp sites throughout Europe although Hungary left a little to be desired, it was a little "tired", but my experience is a positive one, Pitches with water, electric, waste disposal for everything, male and female facilities, sometimes your own key to your own numbered Toilet / Shower. Also washing, laundry rooms, on site shops / cafe's and so much more, plus their roads are sooo much better to drive on.
I dont want to start on the facilities you get down under.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I have never stayed anywhere overnight in the UK and i see no reason to change my views, the stories i read here are horror stories.
I can say that i have stayed at quite a lot of camp sites throughout Europe although Hungary left a little to be desired, it was a little "tired", but my experience is a positive one, Pitches with water, electric, waste disposal for everything, male and female facilities, sometimes your own key to your own numbered Toilet / Shower. Also washing, laundry rooms, on site shops / cafe's and so much more, plus their roads are sooo much better to drive on.
I dont want to start on the facilities you get down under.
But not everyone wants to go abroad!

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Mind you given the future of banking and financial stability !
National Savings & Investments has been hit by a customer service meltdown, The Mail on Sunday can reveal. We have been bombarded with emails and letters from customers who are at their wits' end after tortuous dealings with NS&I call centres.

Many staff are understood to be working from home as they deal with a huge backlog of cases – and last night the savings organisation admitted it would have to bring in more employees to cope.

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
This site isn’t tackeroo,tackeroo was a forestry commission site which is now closed.
This site is a private camping field over the road from birches valley.

It isn’t, there might be more than one site but the one I am taking about is Tackeroo, the one that has always been Tackeroo in the middle of the forest where the Follow the Dog cycle trail runs through. It certainly isn’t private and is still Forestry Commission.

JonHG

Free Member
Oct 30, 2019
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 540
Exp
Since 2008
Sites seem to charge what they think they can get as there seems to be a boom in motor homing staycations at he moment. Having said that we recently stayed at Spital Caravans, short walk into Kendal so middle of very popular tourist area. No amenities (ie toilet/shower block) BUT 20 fully serviced pitches, CWD and MHSP, barrier controlled entry, just £15 per night. Cheap as chips!

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
Yep, it's rip off Britain again, I am sure most if not all are happy too pay but far too many are using Covid to bump up their prices, and they wonder why a lot of us are looking to wild camp. Simply stay away from the rip off's, there are plenty of pub stopovers who are happy to accommodate us, give them your money.

popotla

Free Member
Jun 5, 2018
Germany
Funster No
MH
3.5t on Ford Ranger
Exp
Come to Germany! It's great for motorhoming/van life.
Chris51

Just back from Hope nr Castleton....£22 for 2 with all amenities.

I agree. That's so expensive!

Come to Germany! Great for motorhoming and very light on the pocket.

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Still open here at woodsidefield.co.uk and after 3 days of solid rain our latest guests arrived today and yippee the rain has stopped. The ground is still good and MacroMad it is a field but a nice one. I normally have all the leaves picked up but I spent hours just picking up all the fallen branches from the weekend storm. Stay safe everyone, will be Christmas before we know it.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We are on a stellplatz in Germany, €8 per night with electric and there must be 60 vans now and double that in the summer so even if it cost them for electric and they make say €5 per van that is between €300 and €600 per day for the little town as they own it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back