Canet-plague (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
For anyone thinking of coming down this way by Perpignan and haven't read my here we go thread , we have come across the most brilliant Aire , right on the sand in the middle of a largeish town with everything you could need, no amenities on the actual Aire though but it's free but only from September 15 which is ok now.
The funny thing is the only place we found it was on park4night but now a day later it's no longer on there and the only others on here are French so maybe they want to keep it to themselves , 5 others on here to day but room for at least 20.
20180919_125854.jpg
20180919_125325.jpg

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
The kids practically grew up ,at Canet-plage and Port Bacares when parking was allowed on the front .,woke up to markets ,circus ,the French equivalent of the radio 1 road show .
I was first introduced to Rivesaltes Muscat when down that way ,from a little shop off the square fill your own can out the vat (y)
Terrible stuff:LOL:
Great area is the big boat/restaurant still there up on the beach The "Lidia" I think ?

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
For anyone thinking of coming down this way by Perpignan and haven't read my here we go thread , we have come across the most brilliant Aire , right on the sand in the middle of a largeish town with everything you could need, no amenities on the actual Aire though but it's free but only from September 15 which is ok now.
The funny thing is the only place we found it was on park4night but now a day later it's no longer on there and the only others on here are French so maybe they want to keep it to themselves , 5 others on here to day but room for at least 20.View attachment 256701 View attachment 256702
Loving the view and the ambulance! Wonderful that you’ve kept the colours! Is it called ‘Nee Nah’?!
Have moule frites been on the menu for Burtonbird yet?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
so it's not a 'campingcar aire de service'. it's parking.. :whistle:

and begs the question.. where do you find water and dumping ?
we came full and empty from last place shall have to move on tomorrow. Colioure tomorrow

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Loving the view and the ambulance! Wonderful that you’ve kept the colours! Is it called ‘Nee Nah’?!
Have moule frites been on the menu for Burtonbird yet?
no but did you see my other thread, found a cafe at the side of the road doing fish and chips

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We're just up the road at Gruissan, again!
Weather has been cracking for the last couple of weeks.
Had a couple of days on the Canal du Midi but yesterday was so hot and no breeze that we've returned to the sea.

Richard.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The kids practically grew up ,at Canet-plage and Port Bacares when parking was allowed on the front .,woke up to markets ,circus ,the French equivalent of the radio 1 road show .
I was first introduced to Rivesaltes Muscat when down that way ,from a little shop off the square fill your own can out the vat (y)
Terrible stuff:LOL:
Great area is the big boat/restaurant still there up on the beach The "Lidia" I think ?
yeah there is a circus on the way in, elephants and things wandering about, can't see a boat cafe on sand but there are various big restaurant things but shut and they must of had a show at weekend as they are taking a stage down.
can't believe we never found this place before as we have done the area pretty well.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you're only staying a day or two, and we never stay longer on an aire, then you don't need water or dumping. We always travel with full water and empty waste.

yes, that's fine.. but does everyone do that ?

I know for a fact they don't, I've seen vans parked up for weeks on places with no facilities ..

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

I know for a fact they don't, I've seen vans parked up for weeks on places with no facilities ..
I suppose you could manage here in a fashion as there are plenty of those toilets in a shed thing nearby and showers on the beach.and the sea is only about 50 yards away.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

That sounds like the start of a new thread,,BUSBY:D2:D2

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
yeah there is a circus on the way in, elephants and things wandering about, can't see a boat cafe on sand but there are various big restaurant things but shut and they must of had a show at weekend as they are taking a stage down.
can't believe we never found this place before as we have done the area pretty well.

Here you go
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Moonta

Had good times in that area (y)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
That sounds like the start of a new thread,,BUSBY:D2:D2
Yes, but a new thread on a subject that wasn’t raised by Chaser, he’s happily reporting on his travels that most are enjoying and someone has to suggest he’s possibly dumping his waste incorrectly, it’s not nessasary and uncalled for.

Keep up the posts Chaser most enjoyable

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
When parked up for a while I make the use of public conveniences and bar/restaurants, I could make a my cassette last for weeks....:D2

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
someone has to suggest he’s possibly dumping his waste incorrectly, it’s not nessasary and uncalled for.

I did no such thing.. and resent your accusation..

I asked pertinent question. it's not an aire de service, .. so where do you find water and dumping.. as I may want to use this location in the future

it was @chaser who said ..

I suppose you could manage here in a fashion as there are plenty of those toilets in a shed thing nearby and showers on the beach.and the sea is only about 50 yards away.

which I thought was funny.. as I knew he was joking and wouldn't do that .. and clicked the Funny button

thing is.. it's not funny when people dump cassettes on the beach or in the sea which has been happing on other sites without facilities..

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I did no such thing.. and resent your accusation..

I asked pertinent question. it's not an aire de service, .. so where do you find water and dumping..

it was @chaser who said ..

which I thought was funny.. as I knew he was joking and wouldn't do that .. and clicked the Funny button

thing is.. it's not funny when people dump cassettes on the beach or in the sea which has been happing on other sites without facilities..
I took no offence whatever and took it as a question and I suggested the sea for washing not emptying, no evidence of any dumping here but it has only been open 5 days

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
Stunning area we go down every year , stay at Le Brasilia. Superb restaurant on beach called Le Swim :) Food excellent but expensive
Enjoy the area, very jealous would love to be there now

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Stunning area we go down every year , stay at Le Brasilia. Superb restaurant on beach called Le Swim :) Food excellent but expensive
Enjoy the area, very jealous would love to be there now
knocks the Rivera to cocked hats, Julie says we are heading straight here next time ,no Monte and the like.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Hi Chaser I recognise your van you were in folkstone terminal and was walking your dog and we had 2 dogs and one a labradoodle and you asked me how old he was and I told you he was 11.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back