Cancelling CAMC membership (1 Viewer)

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Hi Eggs, why would the locals be concerned with the same MH coming and going to give the game away, i like your plans and ideas but what are you doing thats not legal, is ther something you ommited to telling us,,,,
Hi Eggs, why would the locals be concerned with the same MH coming and going to give the game away, i like your plans and ideas but what are you doing thats not legal, is ther something you ommited to telling us,,,,j
It wouldn't be an official site and if it was the 28 day rule would come into play, not what fulltimers want when they need somewhere to over winter.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Part of the problem I see (full time 3 years) is that I have no evidence at all that I am FT, except passing on a phone number or two of people who will say yes I am FT.
When I was caught up in the first campsite lockdown the fact that I had ‘proper’ fulltiming insurance was regarded as evidence.

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
When I was caught up in the first campsite lockdown the fact that I had ‘proper’ fulltiming insurance was regarded as evidence.
Does your insurance certificate say it is FT insurance, if so, who are you with? Mine doesn't mention that, it's only the eye watering cost that tells you so! The fact is still that everything with me is registered at my friends' address which can cause trouble as I am a fair way away if you're supposed to stay local.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi. Comfort Insurance (underwritten by Aviva). It’s not on the certificate of insurance but on what they call the ‘Statement of Fact’. This is the form that gives details of your van, insurance history, etc. At the bottom of page 2 of this document, under the heading ‘Material Facts’, it says:

Long-term touring or full-timing: An additional premium has been applied to provide this cover.

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Hi. Comfort Insurance (underwritten by Aviva). It’s not on the certificate of insurance but on what they call the ‘Statement of Fact’. This is the form that gives details of your van, insurance history, etc. At the bottom of page 2 of this document, under the heading ‘Material Facts’, it says:

Long-term touring or full-timing: An additional premium has been applied to provide this cover.
Thank you, had to hunt, but have found it now, good to know it is written down somewhere.

Bant

Free Member
Jan 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseStarseeker
Exp
Since 2018
Make the most of all resources during this pandemic and at £1 a week why worry about discounts or the way others choose to book? Life is short ..enjoy it whilst you can .

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
We cancelled after 30 years of membership and if fortuitous to us we will rejoin again and have the same benefits and discounts as long term members.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I pay my subscription to use their sites. Nothing else matters.
Life's to short to be shackled with haughty principles.
Agree,

Its support they need at times like this, not pissing about for a few measly quid. They were caught out too.
But I do think they wil make it back in spades this year now

Oct 24, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caracompact 600 MEG
Exp
5 years
Been using their sites for nearly 40 years so why would we stop now? Always been happy with the way they run their sites. Very ocassionally get a "jobs worth" but on the whole served us well for our UK trips . Always interesting to compare European sites to CC on our travels - often ,sometimes worse but that's what holidays are all about.

Bant

Free Member
Jan 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseStarseeker
Exp
Since 2018
I am surprised there is such a fixation with getting a free one night voucher. This will cost the Club £30 to £40 lost income v a maximum loss of 4 months use ( £15 to members). That is to say ”possibly” a loss to members that are not honest enough to recognise they probably have /or will save their fees by booking 5 nights at a club site!

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
i didn't want a free one site voucher but a 3 month extension to membership to cover first lockdown as CCC has done. As i have already said i only lost about £20 the club has lost at about £500 in site fees from me over that 3 months, which are now spent with CCC. Had been with them for about 30 years with a 2 year gap 11 years ago owing to work commitments.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
i didn't want a free one site voucher but a 3 month extension to membership to cover first lockdown as CCC has done. As i have already said i only lost about £20 the club has lost at about £500 in site fees from me over that 3 months, which are now spent with CCC. Had been with them for about 30 years with a 2 year gap 11 years ago owing to work commitments.
How much do you think organisations have to pay out despite not being able to operate? I suspect eddievanbitz and other businesses can tell you. There will be pubs restaurants and other establishments that will have gone bust as they have had to close. I am involved with a club and if it had not been for sport England’s emergency funding, that club would not be about. If we want CCC and CAMC to survive for our benefit some consideration has to be given to their costs their overheads for our benefits. Nothing is for nothing. Membership of the clubs is cheap and sometimes broader reflection is needed to understand and empathise what and why someone or an organisation makes the decisions they do and there is no such thing as a free lunch!!!

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Every time a post pops up on this thread I rush to the financial news but nope, the CAMC haven’t declared bankruptcy yet. Must be some financial shenanigans going on.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not sure how they can be covering up a loss of revenue as it's a rolling membership as opposed to a fixed annual subscription timeframe. The only time members will see how well or badly the club has performed is when the annual accounts are published so to say "Must be some financial shenanigans going on." and "That hasn’t happened so the CAMC must be covering up their huge loss of revenue." are both, I believe, incorrect.

In addition, how many have actually not renewed vs how many new members have been "signed up" given the considerable increase in staycationers? Hypothetical question as, I think, membership numbers are only published as part of the annual accounts.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
However how many disgruntled non voucher receiving members don't renew... I'm sure their numbers are dwarfed by all the motohome & caravan newbies joining in this staycation year...

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Not sure how they can be covering up a loss of revenue as it's a rolling membership as opposed to a fixed annual subscription timeframe. The only time members will see how well or badly the club has performed is when the annual accounts are published so to say "Must be some financial shenanigans going on." and "That hasn’t happened so the CAMC must be covering up their huge loss of revenue." are both, I believe, incorrect.

In addition, how many have actually not renewed vs how many new members have been "signed up" given the considerable increase in staycationers? Hypothetical question as, I think, membership numbers are only published as part of the annual accounts.
I suspect that given the surge in staycations membership will have risen good for them and it may mean new sites for the future.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back