*Cancelled* Stratford Adventure Overland, International Campervan & Landylive Shows "Meet" 15-21 September 2020 (2 Viewers)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Big disappointment, but we will pencil in April next year šŸ¤žand hopefully things will be a lot more stable then.

Many thanks Karen Wombles as ever for your efforts which are very much appreciated, and please pass our thanks on for the work done to try and keep the event afloat with your contact at the show organisers.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline B600
Exp
:swear2:šŸ˜Ŗ
Have to add my thanks to Wombles for all the hard work, hope to see you all in a field somewhere in 2021.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I wasnā€™t going but a real big heartfelt thanks again to Karen for an awesome organising job. AgainšŸ˜‰ You are a star. See you both at Jurassic meet next year šŸ‘

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
yes a big thanks to wombles,perhaps we can all go to the april show.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you Karen and Alan Wombles , sorry we wonā€™t be seeing you. Thank you for all your efforts. Hope you are getting your window sorted.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Karen and Alan for all your hard work and enthusiasm. Weā€™re really gutted we wonā€™t get there.

Is it possible to still camp, even if the show is cancelled? I know this question has been asked already, but we would still love a few days away in Stratford!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Carpmart Grimsbygranny phillipsheila RowleyBirkinQC TinaL Taran_Las rerkingsmoor retiringjoyce carolyn Michael Gaylor FatNav MaidinDevon SUN LOVERS johnw Targetpaster BigDean Dazzlin quickweh Jimbohorlicks Wissel Littleoldman csd4t RichardB cliffandger Antique Chocy boy Beacons Hils and Glenns Floydster jonsea sillybug gozomike Oscar Aly1 Cal54 adymazz Griffs RobbyMClark Dunworkin Bessie600 Bob Worsley Two on Tour supervario JillD LesW Janine davedutchy Four of us Emma Thornbridge

Hi All :hi: - know that some of you are aware already that these Shows have unfortunately had to be cancelled but thought it best to alert everyone - see todays posts above & your emails from TicketSource & the organisers for all the info. The tickets will be valid for the Spring Show 24-25 April 2021 but will ask if there is the alternative of carrying them over to the September Show (18-19 September?) for anyone who can't make the April dates. It may take a while to get an answer as things will be frantic for the organisers at present. There is also the option of being refunded by using the contact form link at the bottom of the emails sent by TicketSource.
We were looking forward to seeing you all at this one & sharing this experience but hope to see you next year instead when hopefully everything will look a little brighter too :sun: Once we know what is happening we will start a 2021 thread for all those still planning to go so we can all keep in touch & up to date so watch this space!
Not sure if I should mention these in case I jinx them but there are currently still some options left to camp & see fellow Funsters this month :
Camping in the New Forest with Appletree at Ā£12 per night for up to 4 nights Broken Link Removed for the same weekend - not an organised meet but thinking about (distanced) joining the Funsters already booked on this one....
Lincoln which has been confirmed by Warners as still going ahead https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/lincoln-show.209186/?id=38
Avon Bank Pershore - still a few spaces https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...27th-sept-to-thurs-1st-oct-2020.221754/?id=57

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks Karen and Alan for all your hard work and enthusiasm. Weā€™re really gutted we wonā€™t get there.

Is it possible to still camp, even if the show is cancelled? I know this question has been asked already, but we would still love a few days away in Stratford!
We would love to get away too as probably our last chance until next spring so will ask although it's probably a long shot! Will add to our email & update here once we get a reply. Thinking about the Appletree New Forest mentioned above as a possible alternative.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Do all currently camping have to vacate the show site or can they stop until Sunday we have booked for Friday and have booked restaurant in town for my wife's birthday. can we still camp?
Hi - presume you are currently booked with the Touring Park so you would need to check with them if they have availability. The Show camping is a separate arrangement. Hope you get sorted & have a lovely time.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Camping in the New Forest with Appletree at Ā£12 per night for up to 4 nights Broken Link Removed for the same weekend - not an organised meet but thinking about (distanced) joining the Funsters already booked on this one....
Is there a thread for this? Thinking it could be something to do that weekend, assuming this show isnā€™t similarly canned. :unsure:

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Is there a thread for this? Thinking it could be something to do that weekend, assuming this show isnā€™t similarly canned. :unsure:

Thats the trouble you book them then they cancel but its right up to a few days before when your packing i understand it believe me i do but its frustrating when your rearing to go never mind

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Do all currently camping have to vacate the show site or can they stop until Sunday we have booked for Friday and have booked restaurant in town for my wife's birthday. can we still camp?
I think you can still go to the site as itā€™s a campsite in itā€™s own right
6B34C53D-198B-4B02-AFF3-E43CD4DD2CFD.png
6B34C53D-198B-4B02-AFF3-E43CD4DD2CFD.png

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I think you can still go to the site as itā€™s a campsite in itā€™s own right View attachment 424080View attachment 424080
There is a small campsite there but that is run separately from the racecourse. We were all going to be camping within the actual racecourse. When the racing is on they horses are running around the area where the vans park. Itā€™s a really fun day. That rally is normally in June.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Carpmart Grimsbygranny phillipsheila RowleyBirkinQC TinaL Taran_Las rerkingsmoor retiringjoyce carolyn Michael Gaylor FatNav MaidinDevon SUN LOVERS johnw Targetpaster BigDean Dazzlin quickweh Jimbohorlicks Wissel Littleoldman csd4t RichardB cliffandger Antique Chocy boy Beacons Hils and Glenns Floydster jonsea sillybug gozomike Oscar Aly1 Cal54 adymazz Griffs RobbyMClark Dunworkin Bessie600 Bob Worsley Two on Tour supervario JillD LesW Janine davedutchy Four of us Emma Thornbridge

Hi All :hi: - know that some of you are aware already that these Shows have unfortunately had to be cancelled but thought it best to alert everyone - see todays posts above & your emails from TicketSource & the organisers for all the info. The tickets will be valid for the Spring Show 24-25 April 2021 but will ask if there is the alternative of carrying them over to the September Show (18-19 September?) for anyone who can't make the April dates. It may take a while to get an answer as things will be frantic for the organisers at present. There is also the option of being refunded by using the contact form link at the bottom of the emails sent by TicketSource.
We were looking forward to seeing you all at this one & sharing this experience but hope to see you next year instead when hopefully everything will look a little brighter too :sun: Once we know what is happening we will start a 2021 thread for all those still planning to go so we can all keep in touch & up to date so watch this space!
Not sure if I should mention these in case I jinx them but there are currently still some options left to camp & see fellow Funsters this month :
Lincoln which has been confirmed by Warners as still going ahead https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/lincoln-show.209186/?id=38
Avon Bank Pershore - still a few spaces https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...27th-sept-to-thurs-1st-oct-2020.221754/?id=57

Yes, I know it's not the same as an event, and I know a few of the Funsters named above are going to our rally, BUT could I cheekily mention that there are still vacancies at "Autumn at Avon Bank which is to be held on the last 4 days of September.
Have a read on the Scheduled Rallies section and, if it appeals, send me a conversation.
Regards
Emmit

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Good Morning Funsters! Just checking with the Touring Park to see what availability they currently have & at what price as know that RVOC have a discounted price now agreed with them. As the Touring park is a long standing regular venue for RVOC they will, quite rightly, take priority & many will be looking to book in there. It is basic camping with water & waste as their toilets, showers & laundry are closed for this year https://www.stratfordtouringpark.com/ & likely that EHU pitches will be taken by RVOC. Prices are currently advertised as from Ā£14.88 per night plus Ā£3 per night EHU (if available)
Also checking with the organisers of the Adventure Overland Show in case they are considering offering "wild camping" only under their licence with the Shows cancelled but think this is unlikely.
Finally - checking with Appletree for how much availability they have & how likely it is for their New Forest camping to be going ahead.
Will update here as soon as possible.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Good Morning Funsters! Just checking with the Touring Park to see what availability they currently have & at what price as know that RVOC have a discounted price now agreed with them. As the Touring park is a long standing regular venue for RVOC they will, quite rightly, take priority & many will be looking to book in there. It is basic camping with water & waste as their toilets, showers & laundry are closed for this year https://www.stratfordtouringpark.com/ & likely that EHU pitches will be taken by RVOC. Prices are currently advertised as from Ā£14.88 per night plus Ā£3 per night EHU (if available)
Also checking with the organisers of the Adventure Overland Show in case they are considering offering "wild camping" only under their licence with the Shows cancelled but think this is unlikely.
Finally - checking with Appletree for how much availability they have & how likely it is for their New Forest camping to be going ahead.
Will update here as soon as possible.
Have a look here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/Ā£10-a-night-with-electric-and-without-electric-at-stratford-upon-avon-race-course.227182/#post-4087272 - only just spotted the RVOC offer has already been extended to Funsters!
UPDATE - this is now only for Funsters with RVs

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
tried the link for a refund nowhere there to request one so tel ticket source they say contact the organiser bit confusing

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
sorry to hear its been cancelled, especially sorry for those who have worked hard to keep it 'on' and for the funsters involved in trying to organise a meet. i wasnt going as i am in Q14 until Sunday evening !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back