*Cancelled* Stratford Adventure Overland, International Campervan & Landylive Shows "Meet" 15-21 September 2020 (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Really hoping this does go ahead :)

I guess the new (rumoured until the wording of law released I guess) hospitality rules will apply?
(All to be closed between 10pm - 5am)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Really hoping this does go ahead :)

I guess the new (rumoured until the wording of law released I guess) hospitality rules will apply?
(All to be closed between 10pm - 5am)
From all that we have read sure the organisers will be making sure that whatever rules & guidelines are place they will be adhered too - so far they have precautions beyond what is required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For info. - hadn't spotted Jim's update so contacted Warners to find out their position for the two remaining Shows this year & got same reply "As it stands yes the two shows will still be on. We are confident we meet all the guidelines put in place. " This makes things look more positive too :)

Sep 28, 2017
Bakewell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo
Exp
Hi Wombles - i would love to join in with Adventure Overland Get together - do you still have a ticket left? - how do i contact you - anyone else know?
I am very new to this and am also planning to go to Lincoln. - and have booked in there already.
I will be turning up in my very new morelo palace - Still terrified behind the wheel... recently back from the North Coast 500 and islands - epic.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles - i would love to join in with Adventure Overland Get together - do you still have a ticket left? - how do i contact you - anyone else know?
I am very new to this and am also planning to go to Lincoln. - and have booked in there already.
I will be turning up in my very new morelo palace - Still terrified behind the wheel... recently back from the North Coast 500 and islands - epic.
Will reply to your PM now :)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Another email just come through and we are good to go. :hi5:

"The following additional information for their events has been posted by Off Road UK.

THE SHOW IS DEFINITELY ON!!!

Boris has just announced that it's perfectly okay to have multiple groups of 6 (as long as they stay a minimum of 1+m apart of course), within a setting like our event.

Providing that Risk Assessments have been approved by the authorities (council, police, fire, Public Health England, Highways Agency, etc.) - WHICH THEY HAVE - and Covid measures have been put in place - WHICH THEY HAVE - then we can go ahead as planned.

See you soon! "

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Wombles, Do you know if we can stay on site until Monday morning (21st)?
On the website it says we can stay until 4pm on Monday (y) Think it would be polite to leave after an early lunch though as can imagine there are a lot of voluntary staff who will be keen to get off home.

Q: For campers staying overnight on Sunday 20th September 2020, when do they have to depart?

A: Campers have to leave the venue on Monday 21st September 2020 by 16:00

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Received EMail now Cancelled.
So Disappointing.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sad to see that this has been cancelled now - have had an email too :( We all tried our best to make it happen but guess it just wasn't meant to be this time.
Will really miss catching up with Funster friends & getting to meet some of the new members.
Sure we will find out more details about the ticket options in due course & if they are valid for either Show or just April.
Looks like 2021 dates are International Campervan Show 24-25 April (confirmed) & Adventure Overland Show 18-19 September (awaiting confirmation) - both at Stratford Upon Avon Racecourse. Camping is likely to start on the Tuesday before until the Monday after the Shows.

Last edited:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Just seen about show now cancelled :-(

EVENT CANCELLATION

Hello everyone. We understand this news will come as a great disappointment to all of you, but we are making the difficult decision to cancel the joint “Adventure Overland Show” + ““International Campervan Show” scheduled 19-20 September 2020 at Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse.

Our announcement the other day that we were still going ahead was and still is based on valid guidance. The Events Industry Forum (who manage the Purple Guide which is used by all major festivals and events) have stated that the new restrictions on groups relates to gatherings of groups WITHIN an event, and does NOT apply to the total number of attendees allowed to attend an event which is established by our risk assessment. We wanted to make sure you were aware of the reasons we made our initial announcement so you did not think we were in any way being unsafe or uncaring toward the current situation.

However, in order to continue we must make sure that our event can be done safely. This led us to make the decision to perform a review of our risk assessments and stewarding numbers to ensure we can safely accommodate the new restrictions of groups of up to 6. In consultation with both the council and the venue we have decided that the risk of continuing unfortunately outweighs any benefits our event may bring. We also understand and appreciate that the venue themselves do take a burden of this risk, and if anything were to happen it would not only reflect poorly on us as an event but on the venue as well. We want to respect the local community and our attendees and not expose anyone to any undue risks. With that in mind it is with great difficulty that we have had to make this announcement.

For those of you who have already booked your tickets, be they for traders or visitors, you don’t need to do anything. These will automatically be rolled over to next year. We’d greatly appreciate if you would visit us in April as we’re very much looking forward to meeting you and seeing your vehicles. By keeping your tickets until next year you'd also be helping us out a huge amount as it will allow us the budget to build up an even better show for next year. However, if you cannot make those dates then we fully understand. Simply reach out to us and we’ll process a refund for you.

Display vehicle owners, we will process your passes for the Spring edition of the event 24-25 April 2021.

From all of our team here we wish you all the best, stay safe and let’s all hope together that 2021 is better for everyone. Really sorry (especially to the traders whose livelihoods are now in even greater peril), we really did try!

Tom McGuigan (Event Director)

– also on behalf of Damo Jones, face of the “International Campervan Show”. A non-paid volunteer he’s worked tirelessly on your behalf, he really doesn’t deserve this. Thanks all the same, life can be cruel sometimes!!! 😕

SUN LOVERS

Free Member
Apr 24, 2019
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
CARTHAGO Tourer A class
Exp
Since 2006
Do all currently camping have to vacate the show site or can they stop until Sunday we have booked for Friday and have booked restaurant in town for my wife's birthday. can we still camp?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back