Can toilet fluid go off? (1 Viewer)

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Before you all mention the SOG and bio tabs.
As the title can toilet fluid go off.
Bought some blue diamond toilet fluid from the Range a few years ago as it was cheap.
Was never satisfied with it as it didn’t seem to be as good as the thetford stuff we used before.
For obvious reasons we haven’t used it much recently.
Been away this week wasn’t that warm either, and the toilet seemed to smell a lot more in only a day.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Bought some blue diamond toilet fluid from the Range a few years ago as it was cheap.
Was never satisfied with it as it didn’t seem to be as good as the thetford stuff we used before.
Been away this week wasn’t that warm either, and the toilet seemed to smell a lot more in only a day.
OK I won't mention bio tabs 😉.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
That blue diamond stuff is certainly not the best . Picked a few bottles up from Aldi in the past . You need to add loads and the actual smell of the product is unpleasant. Not a good start

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I have no idea, but I'd have thought not. These things are usually just very strong chemical mixes and if the containers hasn't been opened then it seems unlikely. Just give it a good shake - what's the worst that can happen? ;)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
As I understand it, the cheaper fluids are far less strong, so need double the dose, making them no cheaper than the "good" stuff. I know you vsaid not to mention it, but,............ we have used bio tabs for years cheaper and better for the environment 🤔👍

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Use bleach 👌
Been using it years, no problem 😎
Drink the bleach and there won't be so much cleaning of the cassette to do ... :LOL:

Think we need to reduce the amount of fruit and fibre in the diet, and increase the amount of bio liquid in the cassette ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I’ve used bio liquid in the past but never tablets. How many tablets do you have to put in? Sounds a much better storage idea than any liquid.
Been waiting for a toilet thread 😂
My tablets are liquid in a bubble/blister thingy. I use one.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
The smell from green stuff mixed with your business is stomach churning 🤢. Don’t have that issue with the bio tabs
The last 5 days emptying the cassette have caused me to reflect that it most certainly did not smell like that when I ate it ... A danger to shipping and to marine life poured down the drain, whilst I hum that old Status Quo hit 'Down, down, deeper and down ...' :LOL:

Steve

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
The latest stuff from Aldi purchased 3 weeks ago is guaranteed for 3 years, I thought that was weird, I expect my stuff to be used within 12 months.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Went away with a mate a few weeks ago and he reckons his ”blue” had stopped working We could only think age, or possibly that it had got so cold over winter. Not sure.

OP
OP
Off da Grid
Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks for the reply’s it was an opened container.
We did the bio tabs from one of the cheap shops last year but it smelt worse.
Can anyone recommend a good brand

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Got a few gallon of the blue stuff (free) about 20 years ago and still using it. It's as good as new. Had to rescue it from the plastic containers which started to disintegrate after about 10 years but this stuff lasts forever. Can't speak for the green stuff though.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Tihis is a cr@p thread has anyone answered the question 😨

Last edited:

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Dunno about Blue Diamond but Thetford's stuff has a 3 year shelf life.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Use the Blue. Some while back we had a new c/van come with Free Plastic bottles of green stuff. After using up what was left of the Blue,i started on the green.It did NOT work. however,i was told later that it reacts with the Blue and you have to live with it until the Blue is....PURGED ....:ROFLMAO:...... from the tank,THEN it comes into its own. Perhaps this is why. It was a LONG time ago.
Tea Bag .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back