Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
Hi,looking for info on Insurance for Morocco is it poss to get insurance when you go into Morocco?as my insurance Co will not do it,but they tell me it is poss to get it as you go into Morocco is this right if so the cost please.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We're off to Morocco on Saturday and have insurance cover for a 34ft RV with Safeguard and they've supplied a Green Card with Morocco on it. The only thing it does'nt cover is recovery they will only pick you up from border.
Apparently insurance is available on the border but it can be a bit hit and miss and is often not available so I've been told.
Hope this helps a little.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Towergate Bakers insure Morocco policy is with NU.

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Potjoe
As others have said there is cover available and i had to change insurance company to get a green card
Ray from Desertdetours, said in one of his last postings that the border insurance place was closed, I dont know if he meant permanantly but would suspect that there will be other places available, but be prepared to be ripped off without expert guidance
Geo
maybe if Ray sees this post he can advise or send him a PM:thumb:

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Yes, the insurance office office at the border has been closed for some months now with no plans to re-open we are told!

We have and Agent/contact near the border for our own clients but can't offer this to others [for some reason a good turn always ends up biting you in the arse]. Good advice in previous posts......do that!

But insurance for the solo/independent is the least of the problems at the moment. Return Algeciras-Ceuta ferry was a tad under 600euros last week. :whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back