Can I report this dangerous driver. (1 Viewer)

robert groves

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Cornwall (near England)
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek 1991
Exp
since 2006
I have worked Extensively with the Dutch People worldwide within the dredging Industry, creating new land (they are without doubt 'The' experts) !,Also, in various offices Within the Netherlands. I am constantly amazed by their Total Grasp of the English Language Including Schoolchildren (they take Immense Pride in their English skills, and will demonstrate their prowess at Every opportunity).
If you Ignore the 'Glaring' Spelling Mistakes (and also Mine) No Dutch Transport Manager would let those by Him/Her,. Now, Let us come to the Syntax,.....Regarding The structure of the complete 'Apology' and the pleas Not to inform the Police, I am of the Opinion that it has been compiled by a 'Non-European' and most likely a Person of 'West-African' Heritage.
Read the 'Apology/begging letter a few times and it is Very Similar to the Scam emails about 'My Father is a rich African Tribal chief, and I need to use your bank account'!
I would be 'Flabbergasted' if were to be Proven Wrong, and will Make a Pilgrimage to a Holy Place........Getting Dark outside now,...Must Sign Off Before the 'Trolls' are awakened by the Smell of Fresh Meat.
Albert, God's Country, (West of Plymouth)

Last edited:

robert groves

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Cornwall (near England)
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek 1991
Exp
since 2006
You cant honestly be winding yourself up about something that happend almost a month ago on the road and nothing actually come of it, he is a tit, your alive and your motor in one piece, it can't be news to you that the roads are full of numpties? We all see it daily, suck it up and move on.
I think he was trying to give some sort of Warning....'The Truth is Out There' !

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
It's easy enough to check the originality of the email. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Parrot Face
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Take a deep breath, sigh at the ignorance of some and let it go. Life is just too short.
If you saw the actual footage you would realise how much danger we were in. I don't get all worked up about things like this I'm cool but calculated and believe in protecting others as well and at the end I got what I wanted.. an apology. Maybe the next time you drive past a major incident where possibly a family are wiped out by a careless lorry driver you might think again.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you saw the actual footage you would realise how much danger we were in. I don't get all worked up about things like this I'm cool but calculated and believe in protecting others as well and at the end I got what I wanted.. an apology. Maybe the next time you drive past a major incident where possibly a family are wiped out by a careless lorry driver you might think again.
Do you know why after overtaking you he behaved as he did?

robert groves

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Cornwall (near England)
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek 1991
Exp
since 2006
Exactly...Saying it happened over a month ago is NO Excuse for not bringing it to the Attention of the MH Community...MH's are the 'Pet' hate of many HGV Drivers and they just Love having what they see as just Revenge, especially if you pulled out in front of them leaving a gap of 200m's Like you, i have witnessed them getting front of them and then Slamming on the Brakes....or Not waiting for you to 'flash' them to show that they are clear of your MH...If People want a Time limit on Law Breakers..Just remind the of the '#Me-Too' and other Historical Crimes (Harvey W...J Saville etc...)

OP
OP
Parrot Face
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Do you know why after overtaking you he behaved as he did?
Sorry but I don't know how I am supposed to work that one out. I've never met him, spoke to him or even saw him. For all I know he could even be a she.

Deleted User
Many years ago a friend of mine was dangerously cut up by a London taxi performing a U turn in the road. On the back of the cab was a 'How is my driving' sticker and a phone number, my mate called the number to find it was a premium rate chat line and he was charged £5 for his trouble.
There's always an opportunity to make money.

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
I have worked Extensively with the Dutch People worldwide within the dredging Industry, creating new land (they are without doubt 'The' experts) !,Also, in various offices Within the Netherlands. I am constantly amazed by their Total Grasp of the English Language Including Schoolchildren (they take Immense Pride in their English skills, and will demonstrate their prowess at Every opportunity).
If you Ignore the 'Glaring' Spelling Mistakes (and also Mine) No Dutch Transport Manager would let those by Him/Her,. Now, Let us come to the Syntax,.....Regarding The structure of the complete 'Apology' and the pleas Not to inform the Police, I am of the Opinion that it has been compiled by a 'Non-European' and most likely a Person of 'West-African' Heritage.
Read the 'Apology/begging letter a few times and it is Very Similar to the Scam emails about 'My Father is a rich African Tribal chief, and I need to use your bank account'!
I would be 'Flabbergasted' if were to be Proven Wrong, and will Make a Pilgrimage to a Holy Place........Getting Dark outside now,...Must Sign Off Before the 'Trolls' are awakened by the Smell of Fresh Meat.
Albert, God's Country, (West of Plymouth)
I've met plenty of Dutch truck drivers that don't speak English or just know a small amount so I can't really see the relevance of your comment. To me it just looks like poorly translated text.

Deleted User
Just going off topic with this - many people complain about the standard of driving in Europe but in my experience the worst drivers I experience are on the M25 on our way home. I've lost count of the times I have driven through Valencia almost without stopping and last time there was even a cycle race on and as soon as they'd gone past the road was opend up, here it would be closed for hours.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I've met plenty of Dutch truck drivers that don't speak English or just know a small amount so I can't really see the relevance of your comment. To me it just looks like poorly translated text.
I have met plenty of British truck drivers that struggle with English. Haha

robert groves

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Cornwall (near England)
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek 1991
Exp
since 2006
So have I,That's exactly why i think the 'apology' was written by the driver and NOT the Manager, thanks for confirming my suspicion.

robert groves

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Cornwall (near England)
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek 1991
Exp
since 2006
This thread is now descending into the realms of 'Civil War'...how long before the Re-Moaners throw in their penny's (sorry, cent's) worth..."Time to leave the Temple"

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
So have I,That's exactly why i think the 'apology' was written by the driver and NOT the Manager, thanks for confirming my suspicion.
Who cares? It's a family company and the reply came from the head of the freezer section, presumably the son of the founder. One day I'll learn how to avoid being dragged into this sort of thing.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If itis that bad then just do as I do & have done in both Bordeaux ,with a tipper driver, & North Devon with a coparts driver.Follow them until they stop/take a break & then point out the error of there ways.:xThumb:

robert groves

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Cornwall (near England)
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek 1991
Exp
since 2006
I know what you mean English is 2nd to narfook round here. Haha
Sorry folks ( and Funsters)..My Favorite hero is 'Crusty the clown' ..My daughter is telling me to Stop using so much 'Punctuation' and 'model' my self on 'Ross Poldark' (whoever that is) for my 'New-Year's Resolution......Bob (aged 72 & 3/4)

robert groves

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Cornwall (near England)
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek 1991
Exp
since 2006
If itis that bad then just do as I do & have done in both Bordeaux ,with a tipper driver, & North Devon with a coparts driver.Follow them until they stop/take a break & then point out the error of there ways.:xThumb:
Used to do that when i was working in Oz,,( the country, that is,..not the 'land of') I would make a slight alteration to the shape of their nose when they used the BP (bloody-Poms) word,..oh such fun,....how i miss the place, so much, that i often make a pilgrimage to 'Earls-Court' !...
Enough now, time for my Horlicks and bed....reminds me, when we used to do B & B for the local Swedish/English language school, we had a 17 year old Swedish girl stay with us for the week...she was in fit's of laughter when she saw the jar of Horlicks in the cupboard, apparently...the literal translation of Horlicks is 'Whore-Licks' in Swedish ! she took a jar home as her prize Souvenir of the English

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back