Can I lower the cab seats in our Autosleeper Lancashire? (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2016
Ashford
Funster No
MH
Frankia A 680
Exp
Since Oct 2016
Hi all,
When driving our Autosleeper Lancashire, even with the seats in their lowest position my eyeline is through the upper part of the windscreen and the instruments are partly obscured by the top of the steering wheel. When in the passenger seat I am looking through the windscreen area that the wipers miss - very annoying when the screen is dirty and leads to neck and shoulder ache as I duck down to see out! My better half is only 5ft and even she looks through the unwiped section on the passenger side. When she's driving she is on tiptoes on the pedals - not ideal.

The seats have swivel bases which have raised them up higher than the standard van seats, but does anyone know if there is a safe way to lower them? Are reduced height mounts available to offset the increased seat height of swivel seats?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, this issue is literally a pain in the neck!

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Can I belatedly say Welcome to Fun,

I can refer you to a thread I started on the 14th August 2014 re this very subject.
It started with, "Just had an enjoyable time swapping our 'Standard' Seat Boxes in the Hobby for lowered ones. We both got fed up slouching down in order to see out of the windscreen, especially when heading downhill. Who knew that seats and boxes plus swivel mechanisms weighed so much."

and ended by me saying, later on in the thread,"To answer the first question, the seats were purchased from Wyvern Seating in Shepton Mallet. I saw the advert for them from the back of MMM. Each box was £98 and they would have charged £16, I think for the pair to have them delivered but we picked them up from the sellers house."

I think they're still going, (it's a one man advertiser)

DSC_1710_0_0.jpg

It certainly made a difference to the driving position.

http://worldofcaravans.com/wyvern-seating-tony-sugg?

Regards

OP
OP
MTB Deano
Oct 25, 2016
Ashford
Funster No
MH
Frankia A 680
Exp
Since Oct 2016
Thank you - I finally joined after nearly a year of following the Funster forum 'read only'!
I did try a search before posting but without success.

Thank you for the recommendation , I'll get in touch with Wyvern Seating and hopefully we can have the seats repositioned over the winter ready for the new season. In

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I have to say that it isn't 'Rocket Science to change the seats and their plinth's.
Sure, it takes a bit of grunt and sometimes the holes in the swivel don't exactly match those of the new bases but with a drill and high tensile bolts and a little persuasion, it can be achieved with the minimum of fuss.

I'd buy them and have them delivered to your home, then you can have them changed over at your pace.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back