L

Lloyd Davies

Free Member
Jun 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
No info on m
JUst seen this on facebook and was about to post it for you, it looks like the ideal set up for you.
Thanks

No info on mileage suggest it might be high.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'd suggest you start another thread asking for reviews, with make of van in title as you might get more replies. It looks a nice van in the pic's the only thing to be aware of is the weight as it will be 3.5t I assume and you might struggle to carry 4 and all your goodies but most modern vans are the same and you can normally uprate them depending on your licence

OP
OP
L

Lloyd Davies

Free Member
Jun 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
I’m not sure it’s a legit sale. 1 gumtree listing and Facebook member since 2019.

OP
OP
L

Lloyd Davies

Free Member
Jun 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
When making contact, what would you ask to verify this advert?

OP
OP
L

Lloyd Davies

Free Member
Jun 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Do you think it’s worth a punt? I made contact, it’s still available and it’s had 2 owners form new.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If your going to meet them make sure you meet them at their house and not a car park half way for convenience, check the log book and MOT, also ask if you can have it independently checked, even though its a PVC its still worth checking for damp first sign is normally smell. Do a HPI check to make sure its not been a write off or has finance on it, ask him to show everything working from gas hob, lights fridge and heater.

Never be embarrassed to ask questions and if you have the slightest doubt just walk away and don't part with money until collecting the van.

I'm sure others will think of more and let you know.

OP
OP
L

Lloyd Davies

Free Member
Jun 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Sound advise thanks.

I made contact over the gumtree add. Was speaking to Ellen via chat, then a guy called Anthony called me.

I questioned why the MOT in Dec 18 says 4,400 and the mileage now is 44,800. He said the garage made a mistake and he was trying to get corrected to 44,000.

All seems a bit weird. It’s also advertised on FB under a Michael Woods, member since 2019.

He said he’s had so much interest and people keep questioning why it’s so cheap. Answer - I just want it gone.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sounds a bit dodgy but still could be genuine, ask if you can view the van and no matter what don't give him any money.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm starting to think it might be a scam or someone who has bought it to sell on, he doesn't know what type of heating it has and will find out for me. I,d have thought you'd know that if you'd owned the van, asked for pics of service book to prove mileage due to MOT mistake!!.

I've now asked for some other pics of different things which should tell if he has the van in his possession. Will let you know when he replies

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
He's replied saying he take photos when he gets time, so just wait to see if he gets back to us.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Haven't read all the posts but have you looked at converting an ambulance, can't go wrong (y)

OP
OP
L

Lloyd Davies

Free Member
Jun 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
I have a Nissan Elgrand. I’m tempted to get that converted.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Anything back?

Showing as still available.

He messaged me last night but still hasn't sent me certain pic's i'd asked for and doesn't know what heating system is in it. He said the van is in storage in Warrington but if i was trying to sell my van I'd get down to the storage and take pics. I'm not saying it's a scam but i'd be very weary of it.

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
We once owned a Devon Monte Carlo which we bought new in 2002. It was on a Renault Master chassis and it had a one ton payload. It was a very comfortable 4 berth with 4 face forward seats with belts. You should be able to find one for your budget.

OP
OP
L

Lloyd Davies

Free Member
Jun 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
He messaged me last night but still hasn't sent me certain pic's i'd asked for and doesn't know what heating system is in it. He said the van is in storage in Warrington but if i was trying to sell my van I'd get down to the storage and take pics. I'm not saying it's a scam but i'd be very weary of it.
I was going to view it but the MOT mileage and current mileage just doesn’t stack up. In my eyes that will forever be a buying/selling problem. According to my research if you feel the garage made a mistake you have 7 days to get it rectified or it’s frozen.

For 23k it’s a steal though! Too good to be true.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I was going to view it but the MOT mileage and current mileage just doesn’t stack up. In my eyes that will forever be a buying/selling problem. According to my research if you feel the garage made a mistake you have 7 days to get it rectified or it’s frozen.

For 23k it’s a steal though! Too good to be true.
I just messaged him again and I can't work out of its a scam or he's just thick ??. He said he's owned it for two years and doesn't know what heating system is in it!! Also doesn't know payload which I can understand as not everyone does, I then asked the max weight which he didn't know, I told him it would be on logbook and his answer was the logbook is with DVLA for change of address.
at first I thought it was a good price and checked how much they were new and looks like they w ere around £33-35 K .
I certainly would view it unless he had the logbook on him and proof of id

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Look for a WildAx Solaris - one currently for (private) sale on Autotrader at Broken Link Removed in your price range. Many happy Solaris owners around!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Look for a WildAx Solaris - one currently for sale on Autotrader at Broken Link Removed in your price range. Many happy Solaris owners around!
looks good but you have the seatbelt issue again, the op has going kids so can't use side facing seats with childless or booster cushion. I suppose an adult could travel on side seat as its a good van apart from that.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I just messaged him again and I can't work out of its a scam or he's just thick ??. He said he's owned it for two years and doesn't know what heating system is in it!! Also doesn't know payload which I can understand as not everyone does, I then asked the max weight which he didn't know, I told him it would be on logbook and his answer was the logbook is with DVLA for change of address.
at first I thought it was a good price and checked how much they were new and looks like they w ere around £33-35 K .
I suspect he's picked it up at auction cheaply and has 'sat' on it for a while but not bothered to get the V5C changed into his name and is now trying to move it on for a profit.

We've been looking at buying a small scooter (125cc) for pootling around as hubby has wanted one for a while but we put it 'on hold' whilst we were trying to sell our place, so now it's off the market he's chomping at the bit! He found a nice one for sale which the guy bought at auction and has used it for a couple of months and is now wanting to sell it ... no V5C apparently but the auction house 'checked' that it was HPI etc clear ... if we want it we'll have to apply to the DVLA for the V5C ... er, no thanks! Another one we were interested in was also being sold by someone who repairs bikes (he has a bike shop) and bought a couple for parts but found one was too good to break but he's now having major problems as the insurance company who paid out on it (it was originally stolen and later recovered) are now questioning if the bike the chap bought at the auction and is now selling is the same one ... needless to say we've not gone any further with that and he's now removed all his adverts for it.

The good news is we're going to pick one up tomorrow ... I'll say more when we've got it!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
looks good but you have the seatbelt issue again, the op has going kids so can't use side facing seats with childless or booster cushion. I suppose an adult could travel on side seat as its a good van apart from that.
The newer Solaris has 4 front facing belted seats. Sorry, I thought they all did!

OP
OP
L

Lloyd Davies

Free Member
Jun 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet

Let’s wait until the log book comes back :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back