Can I dump BT? (1 Viewer)

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Living in a very rural hilly area mobile coverage can be patchy, 3 is none existent. Had a haggle with BT earlier in year £27.99 per month unlimited broadband, telephone receives calls at no cost but making calls is on a pay as you go rate. We both have phones on O2 on a very cheap monthly contract and this provider has the best coverage in our area.
Have a look at Sky and Tesco they both use O2 for half the price. Sky do data banking also

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi Lenny HB does your new router pick up a stronger mobile signal than your phone. I ask because I am on the fringe for mobile signals.
Can't really answer that as they are on different networks and we have a strong signal, mast is less than a mile across open fields.

But knowing that a Mifi gets better reception than a phone the router has two external aerial so I would say its got to be better.
Also you can unscrew the aerials and fit an external MIMO aerial which should bring in a good signal even in a poor signal area.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
I ditched Bt for freeola broadband last month and saved enough for my good lady to get a brand new iphone on contract and I’m still saving money.
We have their Silent line rental (no outgoing paid calls) and broad band 80/20 unlimited for £33 ish per month.
I bought a tplink archer router and we get a faster downlink than when On Bt.
I was with them when we had an adsl2 line years ago, and they only put the price up once in that time,
U.K. customer support etc.
We can get a reasonable signal on EE indoors so can use the mobiles for data but it’s not quite reliable enough, plus it works for Wi-fi calling when needed.
We need a reliable internet for working from home.
With regards to mobile data usage we’ve used over 30gb just today streaming on the fire stick and work usage

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I ditched Bt for freeola broadband last month and saved enough for my good lady to get a brand new iphone on contract and I’m still saving money.
We have their Silent line rental (no outgoing paid calls) and broad band 80/20 unlimited for £33 ish per month.
You must of been paying a lot I currently pay £25 a month for superfast broadband and line rental looking at saving about 40%, by ditching the landline and using 4g.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back