Can anyone recommend campsites in Pembrokeshire? (1 Viewer)

Bazzermc

Free Member
Feb 7, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,
We are thinking of visiting Pembrokeshire in March and are looking for campsites that will accommodate our 7.4m Autotrail Cheyenne.

We don't need much in the way of facilities, we use our own, but would like hard standing and EHU (show this MH wet grass and it gets stuck).

We are looking for somewhere with good views and ideally, with pub in walking distance.

We have two dogs and like to walk a lot.

Any suggestions, for sites that are open in March?

Many thanks......Barry.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
See recent thread 'Followed the M4'
More sites South Pembs but not many with views, Haven Tenby convenient to beach for dogs not sure if site club is open but no views.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kalamitty

Free Member
Nov 16, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 89
try the cc at pembrey country park lovely spot on short walk to coast/beach and next to country park for doggies.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Haven't stayed at Rowston, good location but has it got 'good views'.?
Pembrey is a nice site but is not Pembrokeshire.
Criteria of good views together with pub access is very restricted, certainly Carfaei Bay at St. David's fits all requests if you are happy with North Pembrokeshire. Good coastal walks and some beaches but if you want more stretches of sand west and south Pembs better.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
My references are to 'sea' views just realised you might include countryside views also.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I stayed for a week at CELTIC CAMPING Bunkhouse & Group Accommodation;

http://www.celtic-camping.co.uk/

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...d25fbb5159d3cfc5!8m2!3d51.9262526!4d-5.220083

They have a number of camping fields but, I think, they are all grass, but the tracks in and out are hardcore. The field are mostly flat.

Views are great, great walks along the Coastal Path, EHU and water in the field. Toilet block was clean. In the event of bad weather I reckon you could get away with using the Bunkhouse Accomodation dining hall and Rec room.

WiFi access can be purchased and was good value and quick. TV, I only managed to tune into Irish TV, but that could well have been my inexperience.

IMG_20160617_135113.jpg
Camping Field and Hook Ups. View looking northwards.
IMG_20160620_213629.jpg
Looking west at sunset.
IMG_20160617_140659.jpg
Couple of hundred yards to the Coastal Footpath.

I'm not sure of the rules about dogs on the site, but it is a working farm. Along the Coastal Path normal countryside rules must apply.

No pubs or shops in walking distance but only a short drive to St Davids and mostly flat for cycling.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Haven't stayed at Rowston, good location but has it got 'good views'.?
Yes, if you take a wander down the path. We walked our doggie down there most days :D

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I stayed for a week at CELTIC CAMPING Bunkhouse & Group Accommodation

We've stayed there - not at all bad but it was peeing down with rain at the time and the field got a bit slippy. We managed to make an exit though.

I would have said Newgale Campsite without hesitation to the OP but I think they're shut in March. I don't know what the state of play is with the other site just up the hill, but both are near a pub and bus stop, with access to a huge sandy beach, although the hill site doesn't have an obvious footpath beside the main road.

Caerfai campsite's not a bad spot for coastal path walking and for access to St David's but the beach is a bit limited in that it's a small cove down a steep path and it fills up at high tide. The site's also a bit out on a limb if you're planning to tour round the area, although buses are available.

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
we staid here west of Tenby http://www.buttyland.co.uk/#location last Easter break, it was nice and had hardstanding with plenty of room . There were some big rv`s on there at the time, a short walk down a lane to train stop into Tenby which was cheap £7 return family ticket. Not sure of opening dates but the few we use further west are either a bit tight getting a long unit into or dont open till the season starts in April ?

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Several in new hedges nr tenby Saundersfoot
ex bus links to and from.

OP
OP
Bazzermc

Bazzermc

Free Member
Feb 7, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you all for suggestions, will take a look at them all and let you know where we stay.
Barry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back