Can anyone recommend a garage near Oliva? (1 Viewer)

Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
We are en route south - currently at Oliva and have noticed a bit of a squeal from the brakes. I plan to have a look today and anticipate new pads may be required (hopefully not disks). Van is Ducato 2011 with circa 18k miles and probably hasn't had disks replaced. I would have a go myself but only have basic toolkit with me and don't want to get half way through the job and become immobilised through complications.

If anyone can suggest a garage or depot around Oliva or heading south that would be appreciated. Alternatively, do they have Quik Fit type chains where we could drive in and get it done? I haven't spotted anything so far but then I haven't been looking.

Thanks for any help.

Mark

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
@Hooflungdung There is a Brit owned garage in Javea which my brother uses frequently. It is only a small operation but should be able to deal with brake issues. I will find the details if you want.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There's a mh dealer in gandia. They fitted my deadlocks.

Gandia expo
Caravanas Expo Gandia
P. I. Real de Gandia, Calle Jaime I, 4, 46727 Real de Gandía, Valencia
962 87 77 80
Broken Link Removed

They have a great Park up with all facilities about 3 miles away if you need to wait.
Holds about 50 vans.
About eur7 a night.
Clean, well lit and secure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We are en route south - currently at Oliva and have noticed a bit of a squeal from the brakes. I plan to have a look today and anticipate new pads may be required (hopefully not disks). Van is Ducato 2011 with circa 18k miles and probably hasn't had disks replaced. I would have a go myself but only have basic toolkit with me and don't want to get half way through the job and become immobilised through complications.

If anyone can suggest a garage or depot around Oliva or heading south that would be appreciated. Alternatively, do they have Quik Fit type chains where we could drive in and get it done? I haven't spotted anything so far but then I haven't been looking.

Thanks for any help.

Mark
There used to be a Fiat commercial garage on the service road on the left just leaving Oliva,,towards Denia,,Only about 50 yards out of town. Used to always see motorhomes in there,,Good Luck,,BUSBY.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

18K is no distance for a set of pads/disks. Its going to be something else. get your head under there and see if any thing is catching.
pads/disks could last up to 60K on a M/H

OP
OP
Hooflungdung
Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for all the suggestions - Much appreciated!

Flamenco - we are planning to be in Javea tomorrow so if you have details of the British garage that would be great.

Thanks

Mark

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Give us a clue where Oliva is ????? :eek:

Don't say he's gone round to Fagins :rofl:

I thought Oliva was the name of their van and they were heading to Cornwall, can't wait for this quiz at Chester!

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for all the suggestions - Much appreciated!

Flamenco - we are planning to be in Javea tomorrow so if you have details of the British garage that would be great.

Thanks

Mark

Details are on their web site:

www.thegaragejavea.es

38.786496, 0.158620

The owners name is Mark.

Hope this is of help.

OP
OP
Hooflungdung
Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for that Flamenco - 'er indoors is a bit poorly today so we will probably move on tomorrow now. I'm not allowed to rock the van so I can't even have a bit of a fiddle.

Never mind, the dog and the bike will get a bit of exercise and we're in no rush

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
A very good English run garage on the industrial estate in Pedreguer (just off the N332 road a few kms north of the Javea turnoff), called Costa Car Clinic. Tel: +34 965 761 023.

Also another excellent English garage on the industrial estate (old N332 road now called "N332a") at El Verger which is about 8 kms north of the one above, called Richard Byrne autos:
(0034) 965 750979.
I've had work done there and they are good, and reasonable too.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Just thought of another, possibly even better and quicker contact for you:-
There's an English chap called Edd Holt, who is a highly skilled mobile mechanic based in Oliva itself....he could come to you.
I've seen loads of glowing reports on his work in local forums.

His mobile number (that you should be able to get him on anytime) is: (+34) 634 65 37 93.

Give him a call now, describe the symptoms and I'm sure he'll give you some advice immediately.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back