Can anyone recommend a dog coat? (1 Viewer)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Our Border Collie drops his ball and then lays down in the long grass, mud or anything else to wait for it to be thrown. This is great fun for us and him BUT the fields round here are like mud baths at the moment and he comes back covered in it.

We don't normally dress him in anything but I'm getting fed up with showering him each day. Can anyone recommend a dog overall/coat? The sort of thing I had in mind was would be light, breathable and waterproof to cover his undercarriage and legs.

Can anyone recommend something suitable please?

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Yes! an easy cheap traditional one would be a danish design muddy paws 2 in one! this covers the back and underneath

The zooplus (Website)dog overall is good and has short legs and arms in it so less gets mucky, there is a zip on the back.

Equafleece dog suit is a fleece overall which covers most the body and legs - this is the dearest and probably my favourite. Slightly awkward to get on but we end up with a mostly clean and dry dog! This one is very lightweight so the can run freely even though its fleece the dog stays dry.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Thanks very much Stace!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We got Equafleece ones for the whippets but they were forever tearing them on brambles and thorns. Got some fleece lined/waterproof outer coats from Togs for dogs, not cheap, but made to measure.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Ruff and Tumble do a good range of drying coats, if you want to use something 'after the event' so to speak. I know many who swear by them. We have the drying mitts from them and they are very good.

https://www.ruffandtumbledogcoats.com/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Yes! an easy cheap traditional one would be a danish design muddy paws 2 in one! this covers the back and underneath

The zooplus (Website)dog overall is good and has short legs and arms in it so less gets mucky, there is a zip on the back.

Equafleece dog suit is a fleece overall which covers most the body and legs - this is the dearest and probably my favourite. Slightly awkward to get on but we end up with a mostly clean and dry dog! This one is very lightweight so the can run freely even though its fleece the dog stays dry.

A friend uses equafleece on her small dog and it is great- she swears by them.
When we looked after her dog we found it a pain to put on even though the dog is very easy to dress. But I guess practice makes perfect and all that...

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Dont fancy a dog coat, what happens when you walk past a lamppost

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun