Jonnyboy&Iddybiddy

Free Member
Mar 28, 2015
Barnsley
Funster No
MH
Benimar Aereo 6000 2005
Exp
We have a 2005 Benimar and we are in Badajoz Spain going north.
The Fridge Freezer is not working correctly.
The ignition is fine and the gas lights but the fridge and freezer are not getting cold.
Also a problem when putting it on 12 volt while on the road.
Can anyone recommend a company close to us or has anyone had this problem with their motorhome and give us some advice.
Thanks John & Deb

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
If you download the app Camper-Pro it lists all the motor home dealerships y Europe. There is a dealership in Caceres which is to your North. The app is free and has a motor home on a blue background. Hope this helps. Good luck with the fridge. I know what it's like ours broke down in Romania.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Just out of curiosity and not knowing the age and make but have you taken the winterisation panels off (which may or may not be fitted subject to make). Apologies if my remarks are irrelevant but many suffer problems simply by not removing the two plastic panels on the outside fridge vents.

Hope this if helpful rather than annoying - could be a lot cheaper the an visit to a repair shop. Also try and get on mains initially to get it cooled down. The fridge needs that initial kick. The 12v will only maintain what you already have and some gas can be very tempermental about level.

Clive

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Last edited:

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
For anyone who is interested, here are the links for the Camper-Pro app as suggested by @travelbunyip
Android:
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/camper-pro-camping-car/id951643065?mt=8
Tapping on Around Me takes you to a list of dealers, sorted by distance.

1495691995189.jpg

Screenshot_20170525-070840.png

(It's a French app, hence the km, and "tous" (all) in the search box.)

Julie

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
From reading a previous thread (sorry I can't remember which ) I understand that motorhome fridges work a lot less well in hot weather

B----y marvellous. We get fridges that only work properly when you are at the North or South Pole! I want one that works when it's warm :D

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Try sweeping the flue John. Take the top vent off and rub your finger in the top of the flue (it may be hot!!)
If there is soot, it will need sweeping. If not you will need to visit somewhere. We have had to do both.

Good luck

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
B----y marvellous. We get fridges that only work properly when you are at the North or South Pole! I want one that works when it's warm :D
Fit fans then.:D2
Another problem that raises its head with 3 way fridges is settlement in the sealed system whereby the ammonia ,being a naturally dirty gas, blocks itself & continually keeps failing to cool. this usually only happens after many years , mine was at 26 years old when it did it. Only answer is to remove / turn upside down & shake it about a bit. Then while it is out , clean & service the burner etc; & refit.Mine works a treat on all 3 & maintains -20 on gas in the freezer box over the last few days with ambient around 32-33ºc The fans are worth there weight in gold.(y)

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Well, I've uninstalled the (Android) app, because it was using CPU and battery whilst not even being used, for reasons that I cannot begin to understand. It's just a flippin' database! I really doesn't need to be doing ANYTHING in the background. Still, I know where to find it now if I ever want to use it briefly.

OP
OP
Jonnyboy&Iddybiddy

Jonnyboy&Iddybiddy

Free Member
Mar 28, 2015
Barnsley
Funster No
MH
Benimar Aereo 6000 2005
Exp
Thanks to you all for the help.
We downloaded camper car pro and found repair shop in Salamanca.
The guys at the shop were great saw to us straight away even though they were fully booked.
The company was Caravanas Hernandez in Salamanca.
It turn out to be a burnt out fuse under passenger front seat. It took around 1hour to locate and fix. Only cost €55.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks to you all for the help.
We downloaded camper car pro and found repair shop in Salamanca.
The guys at the shop were great saw to us straight away even though they were fully booked.
The company was Caravanas Hernandez in Salamanca.
It turn out to be a burnt out fuse under passenger front seat. It took around 1hour to locate and fix. Only cost €55.
Don't you just love the power of the of the MotorhomeFun forum !!!

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Glad you're all sorted :D

MacintoshMum

Free Member
May 27, 2017
N Ireland d
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 700
Exp
Sounds daft but my other half used a few squirts from a can of compressed air when our fridge wouldn't ignite. Worked a treat. Worth carrying a can regardless

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back