Can anyone help with our Fiat Ducato Highwayman (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Yes, you cant have anything these days not even an old camper and its ruined our sons birthday treat for next weekend.

Yes, they trashed it. Broke the locks, the steering column and even tried to nick one of the aluminium sides. They ripped the fire extinguisher out of the wall and even nicked the paloma boiler and they're not even legal anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get the highwayman body repaired. We expect it will be written off and we really want to keep it if we can, its got great sentimental value.

I have heard that the manufacturer still repairs them but I havent a clue where to start looking. All help greatly appreciated.

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you do a Google search for Motorhome Coachbuilders theres quite a lot out there!
You should be able to find one local!
Good luck!:thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Yes, you cant have anything these days not even an old camper and its ruined our sons birthday treat for next weekend.

Yes, they trashed it. Broke the locks, the steering column and even tried to nick one of the aluminium sides. They ripped the fire extinguisher out of the wall and even nicked the paloma boiler and they're not even legal anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get the highwayman body repaired. We expect it will be written off and we really want to keep it if we can, its got great sentimental value.

I have heard that the manufacturer still repairs them but I havent a clue where to start looking. All help greatly appreciated.

First of all a BIG WELCOME to the site.

Sorry to hear of this mindless vandalism.Really hope you find a way to get it repaired Guys:thumb:

If you can give us an idea of your rough location, perhaps there may be a person in that area that can help you better.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Many thanks American Dream for your lovely welcome and thanks to Digger Driver too

We are in East London, On the Fiat cab theyve done all the locks and handles, broken steering column and steering lock .

The highwayman body needs banging back into place at the top of the side panel where they tried to take the aluminium panel off and with the rain, the ceiling now needs replacing. It had a palomo boiler which is now no longer there so a new boiler is needed, and of course no doubt where water has got in it will reek later on.

Many thanks again.

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Dreadful times we live in where scum like this will probably never be caught and if they were nought to much would be done to them probably just a ticking off for damaging your pride and joy.

I do hope you get it put back as it was and BTW welcome to Fun:winky:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi & WELCOME,:thumb:sorry to hear about your van:Angry: but it very much sounds like it is a write off.The killer blow will be the damp I am afraid.The dealers will inflate the repair bill to fix this as all the inside would have to come out to do a propper repair.Just remember the good times and put the insurance towards another van that will give you many more memorys:thumb:
terry

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
One reason why its always safest to go with a no nonsense Insurance company, they will quote more than the others but when you need them you get what you pay for. Ive been with the NFU for donkeys years with most of my insurance needs, personal, business and all our vehicles and whenever weve needed to make a claim they have always been prompt and more than fair with minimum fuss and bother and no argument.

kennethcurry

Free Member
Jul 18, 2008
Brisbane Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
repair Highwayman

I did own a much loved 1990 Highwayman that had a 2.5TD citroen engine upgrade that cantered over the hills effortlessly.
It was stored in the UK and used on holidays there & in Europe twice a year.
Charles & Sons of Poole have a big range of parts from when the factory closed and do repairs. They often advertise in mmm small trader classifides.
Friendly folk who were very helpful with materials & advice when I did some repairs in 2003 to my Highwayman.
We loved the layout -- especially the rear door for travelling in Europe.
Nearest thing we could find for our current motorhome was an ACE(Swift) Milano which we store undercover in W Sussex so to be in striking distance of Heathrow when we fly in.
Rgds
Ken Curry
Brisbane
Australia

Last edited:
OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Many thanks thats handy to know. The insurance company finally coughed up and we have bought a similar one. Just love the highwayman brilliant little mh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back