Can Amazon Firestick remote control my Avtex TV? (2 Viewers)

paroli

Free Member
Nov 15, 2018
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2017
Hi. I bought an Avtex L199DRS-PRO 9 SERIES about 12 months ago and have recently supplemented it with an Amazon Firestick TV.
The set-up provides access to ample additional viewing options BUT I have been unable to get the Amazon remote to operate the volume and On/Off controls on the TV. It may be that the Avtex brand is not recognised by Amazon (often a code number is provided by manufacturer).
Has anyone had issues here, and found a solution?
I know that having 2 controllers is not the end of the world - but I would like to be able to 'downsize' here.
Thanks
Patrick

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Funnily enough that's what I was doing yesterday. As you point out Avtex doesn't come up on the list of TV's to pair with so I gave up and accepted having to use 2 remotes. It works very well I've found, I've tried it with my android phone in mobile hotspot mode and it works with that too, I have unlimited data on my plan.

OP
OP
P

paroli

Free Member
Nov 15, 2018
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2017
Looks like great minds think alike!
I've had it working in the van on the drive connected to the home wifi and I have also tried my iPhone hotspot. Both work well. I don't have unlimited on the phone - so I am going to see how it goes - and maybe a mifi setup at some stage (but not yet).
Would be nice to ditch a remote though! I have emailed Avtex - but am not that hopeful for a positive response!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Yes it probably can. Look through the menus in settings for handset pairing and a list will appear. Choose your TV and bingo, I've paired mine and it works a treat, now only one handset needed. If your set is not listed see if it's manufactured by a another company and select that.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Yes it probably can. Look through the menus in settings for handset pairing and a list will appear. Choose your TV and bingo, I've paired mine and it works a treat, now only one handset needed. If your set is not listed see if it's manufactured by a another company and select that.
As mentioned in the post the Avtex is not on the list, I have tried several other manufacturers listed but with no luck.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ask Avtex, they maybe able to help.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
I know it will be a pain in the a*** but you could work through the complete list of supported tvs in the hope that one will match the ir code of avtex. I had to do something similar years ago and eventually found one that would work.

OP
OP
P

paroli

Free Member
Nov 15, 2018
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2017
Cor - that's dedicated!
Looking at the list on the Firestick that would take forever!
I think the second remote would be preferable.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Another bit of weirdness, I suddenly realised that during the setting up of the firestick with the Avtex last night the LG television in the kitchen suddenly turned on. I've just dug out the two remotes and tried again, it's the Avtex remote that turns on the LG tv but paradoxically it doesn't turn it off, only the LG remote does that. So maybe there some kind of link between the Avtex set and the LG set.
I'll try and find the LG link in that setup list and have another go at pairing sometime.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Interested in your problem so did a bit of digging. CEC via the hdmi interface is what enables the firestick remote to control TV function. So have a look in the TV setup menu to see if there are any settings for CEC or hdmi

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
campervan for 5 years, motorhome since May 19
Hi. I bought an Avtex L199DRS-PRO 9 SERIES about 12 months ago and have recently supplemented it with an Amazon Firestick TV.
The set-up provides access to ample additional viewing options BUT I have been unable to get the Amazon remote to operate the volume and On/Off controls on the TV. It may be that the Avtex brand is not recognised by Amazon (often a code number is provided by manufacturer).
I know that having 2 controllers is not the end of the world - but I would like to be able to 'downsize' here.
Thanks
Patrick
I have the exact same TV and the exact same problem.
I would be interested if anyone finds a solution.

Graydo

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
A member posed an economic tv, 12vdc 230vac the other day for use with an Amazon Firestick but I can remember the brand name and I can’t find the chat, any ideas, they have a U.K. website? Much more reasonable than Avtex.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
patrick99
Have you had a response from Avtex yet? I would give them a call, I like others have found them very happy to help, they even guided me into the back engineer menus on the TV whilst on the phone.
Good Luck
LES

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I have the same issue with the codes with my Alphatronics SL-32 DSB+1

A smart tv but the firestick is quicker.

Outside of needing the 2 controllers which is frustrating, but not a big issue, I tried the Firestick for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

Conclusion: brilliant that you can log onto seamlessly Netflix, iPlayer etc providing you get a good mobile signal, first site I couldn't so had to go through the sites own wifi which was disappointing or use my sat dish which worked well.
Second campsite I managed to get everything through the mobile data. Worked really well and just looking at my mobile data usage as I haven't got an unlimited data package - 24Gb.

We only watch the tv at this time of year when its dark and rubbish weather but to have the functionality of our home viewing whilst away is really worth it but I would still have a sat dish installed if I were to order a new vehicle today.

DanT71

Free Member
Aug 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
bessacarr e495
AHi. I bought an Avtex L199DRS-PRO 9 SERIES about 12 months ago and have recently supplemented it with an Amazon Firestick TV.
Thanks
Patrick
Avatec keep toggling the volume button, and just paired my 4K hd fire stick with my Avtex tv and soundbar

slowcoach65

Free Member
Jan 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
A
For what its worth, with my Falcon TV I had to plug the Firestick USB power cable into a separate USB socket (not one on the TV) for initial setup/pairing of the remote. After that, I could plug the Firestick USB power cable into the TV USB socket for power and the remote worked fine. I think it is because there aren't enough amps from the TV USB socket for setup.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
When i plugged my firestick into the tv the remote stopped working so I downloaded the firestick app to my phone and took conrol of tv with this.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
An old thread I appreciate but just to post my experience trying to get Firestick remote to control our Avtex tv.
Didn’t find Avtex listed and tried all the closely spelled alternatives like Astex, Avatex etc, all to no avail. I even tried the advanced stuff choosing all the IR profiles listed but still no joy.

So emailed Avtex and asked which IR profile to use with the Avtex. Got the following reply:
Hello
I am sorry we do not currently support an Amazon remote code.
Best Regards
David Jones
e: david.jones@avtex.co.uk

Tel: +44 (0)29 20847670

Fax: +44 (0)8448 806111

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
di
Avatec works. I'm not sure if it's a typo or just a coincidence that it's a similar name.
Didn't work for me unfortunately and Avtex have confirmed they don’t support Amazon (Firestick). See my earlier post today.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back