Can’t wait until April! (1 Viewer)

Dec 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4I
Exp
Hello all, Newbie to motorhoming picking up our van in April before heading off on 5 month UK tour. Can’t wait and need lots of tips and hints on things to do and avoid motor homing wise!

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
:hiya2: nd pleased to meet you, just hoping for you and everyone that we are able to travel around without restrictions.
On behalf of the NMC as they are shy with newbies we/they will need to be kept informed of progress of your travels.

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Welcome aboard.

One little thing to look at - check your home insurance if the property is to be left uninhabited, some have restrictions on the length of time a property can be left like that.

Keep us posted on your wanderings please.

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hello and Welcome from Old Sodbury :xsmile: :sun: :sun: :sun: :xsmile:
Plenty of time to buy all the bits and pieces you will need for your trip, good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Don't be too disappointed if your April turns to may.....and then June. Dealers tend to exaggerate their dates sometimes. You will still love it

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Welcome...we started in 1994...been great, load van with as much as you can.... don't leave anything to chance.....slowly you will be leaving things out....giving away or selling on eBay...
Eventually you will have everything you need, normally half what you started out with...avoid going inside other vans, it will soon become obvious you have bought the wrong van...enjoy yourselves....joking apart it's great fun....we have had 4 vans so far...only have enough time to have one more....I'm 69 in January....might try being responsible after then...even thinking of starting a family or having a dog....or even drinking less red wine...🥳😀

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Welcome...we started in 1994...been great, load van with as much as you can.... don't leave anything to chance.....slowly you will be leaving things out....giving away or selling on eBay...
Eventually you will have everything you need, normally half what you started out with...avoid going inside other vans, it will soon become obvious you have bought the wrong van...enjoy yourselves....joking apart it's great fun....we have had 4 vans so far...only have enough time to have one more....
I'm 69 in January....might try being responsible after then...even thinking of starting a family or having a dog....or even drinking less red wine...🥳😀

Why? I'm 72 and not tried it yet!:LOL:

We've been enjoying a camper since 1977 and owned just a few.

OP
OP
Ginge tourer
Dec 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4I
Exp
Welcome aboard.

One little thing to look at - check your home insurance if the property is to be left uninhabited, some have restrictions on the length of time a property can be left like that.

Keep us posted on your wanderings please.
Yep will do, we are probably not going to be away continuously but will check

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
:WelcomeFlag: I'm going full-time in March, desperately hoping restrictions are lifted as have no alternative arranged, just gonna wing it 😁 hope you have as much fun as I intend to 😂😂

Oct 8, 2016
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome to the forum. It’s a great place to exchange views and information. When we started 3 years ago we went out and bought everything with the mindset ‘we might need this’! In hindsight we could have bought the obvious essentials and adjusted our ‘inventory’ as we went along! Obvious now but at the start it’s all very exciting and your eyes are bigger than your motorhome!! Still, it’s a fabulous pastime and surpasses anything I or my partner had ever done before. And you’ve got all this to come!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back