Can’t unblock Vanbitz non-starter. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
A

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Because of devices like these, which have been used on Fords for several years, and which evidence suggests are now being used on Sevel vans too, although not currently in such widespread circulation.

Immobiliser bypass takes about 20 seconds max.

Wasn’t that the purpose of the letter from Comfort insurance some months back?
As you say, it’s not as common on the Sevel vans but it is happening.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
The Non Starter was actually introduced to combat key theft and subsequent theft from peoples homes when the motorhome was at home, the motorhome keys were at home but the owner and the owners phones wasn't at home.

I normally only use the Non Starter function when I am at home to be honest, as If I am say shopping, my camper is in the supermarket car park, The Growler is armed and the keys are in my pocket so it won't be stolen.

If the Growler is triggered, say some kids trying to mess around with our bikes, which are alarmed on the rack because of the APC (Accessory Protection Circuit) the Non Starter will immediately notify me via SMS (faster than push notifications) whether the Non Starter is armed or not (arming only activates the actual engine block)

We get people who tell us that they will immobilise the engine when they pull up for lunch! sat in the van, eating their lunch!

Its probably best not to discuss too much more publically, but there must be a reason why yours isn't operating normally so why not give either us a call or Metatrack and find out why you experience the delay?
Thanks for the reply, I did call in one of the times when it wouldnt work and i was directed to metatrak which i didnt mind as they sorted it. To be honest i only ever use it when i am home and now i have the fob override (when i remember i have it) it will make it much easier when it doesnt unblock at home. Like a few on here have said they dont use it whilst away as the keys are with them and i have never used it whilst i am away in it. If i never had the override then it could be a real pain but with that it gives me peace of mind that i wont be stuck trying to start the darn thing when i need to get away.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Wasn’t that the purpose of the letter from Comfort insurance some months back?
As you say, it’s not as common on the Sevel vans but it is happening.
Pretty much, yes. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
As a bit of an update,
I'm returned back in the same aire and had the same problem... We Used the van no issues what's so ever and on our return I stopped at the service area to dump grey and take on Freshwater. , Stopped the van and turned the key off) and the van wouldn't restart... Really odd

We Managed to roll the van out of the service area and it bump started and is fine... Again.
Now there happens to be a mobile telephone mast about 20m from the service area in the aire... I wonder if it is broadcasting in a particular direction / frequency that is screwing with the van electronics?

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Location of phone mast. Services are at far side of the building. You can see the barrier in the distance
36F7602A-A256-4A00-9469-97275F8E0D07.jpeg

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Location of phone mast. Services are at far side of the building. You can see the barrier in the distance

If it's a repeatable problem and only happened in that location, it sounds like the most likely explanation. Whilst not common, radio interference happens more often than you might think. It doesn't have to be a signal on the same wavelength from what I understand. The wireless communication between the vehicle key and transceiver is deliberately a very weak signal, and any high powered transmission in the vicinity can overwhelm it.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
As a result of this thread, I have now parted with another £60 to Eddie, and I now have a little disc with a button that I hope never to use.
Pairing be phone to the office went well, but after the pairing I could not block the engine using the app. I tried a few times. Then I left it alone for a bit, then unblocked it, left it for a bit then blocked it, which has put it back to normal.
Now, bearing in mind this is an open forum, where do people keep the clicker? On the key ring? In you handbag? Round your neck like dog tags? Hidden somewhere inside the van? Dangling from the wing mirror? Leave it at home?

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Well, if you hide it in the van, you are always going to have it available if you ever need it. Can't say the same if you put it somewhere else as you might leave it behind. On the key ring? Rather defeats the object of having an immobiliser if you're going to risk giving a thief the complete package of your key and override tag together, doesn't it!!!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
On the side of my camper, on the drivers side, two thirds of the way down the van, about 1m from the floor, there is a little drop down flap, about 100mm square, marked "Satellite Hook Up"

When I opened it up, I saw that there was a hidden flap, which when lifted revealed the perfect hidey hole

I keep my safe key, my spare door key and my emergency key fob in there as no one would ever think to look in there!

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
On the side of my camper, on the drivers side, two thirds of the way down the van, about 1m from the floor, there is a little drop down flap, about 100mm square, marked "Satellite Hook Up"

When I opened it up, I saw that there was a hidden flap, which when lifted revealed the perfect hidey hole

I keep my safe key, my spare door key and my emergency key fob in there as no one would ever think to look in there!
.....until now?

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
How do you know? Where does it give version number?
Ok I found it under Options, account profile. I have the same version 2.6.94
It also updated today. According to iPhone updates “bug fixed”

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Mine is on android version 2.6.92.
Are both of yours apple?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Were the folk who had problems on Android or Apple...?

Edited:
My Android updated yesterday to 2.6.94
(Unspecified "bug fix" and I wonder what happened to version 2.6.93)

Just a coincidence?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Can I just ask, it is your van isn’t it? ?

Ian
I went home in the wrong car once mini identical color every thin inside the same apart from my fag were missing from the glove compartment and the seat ajustment sum bugger had moved it o and it had a fancy air freshener.
did not realized till i got home and the wife asked where the child safety seat had gone and whos knikers they were that was on the back seat :Eeek:
when i got back to the super market the police were waiting next to my yellow mini as i returned that yellow mini
bill

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
My Android updated yesterday to 2.6.94
(Unspecified "bug fix" and I wonder what happened to version 2.6.93)

Just a coincidence?

It is quite normal for software release versions not to follow incrementally. Intermediate versions may have been for internal testing.

The Metatrak app updates fairly regularly. I have my phone (Android) set to notify but not automatically download updates for all my apps, so that I can choose when to install them. I have been burned in the past with various "updates" that did not function as intended due to bugs that were not apparent until after release, so I prefer to let others be the guinea pigs now :)

Having said that, there was an update for the Metatrak app a while back that completely borked the tracking and location function. It was fixed by another release within hours though, so many customers may not have noticed.

I was stuck for nearly three weeks with a new version of the Victron Connect app that introduced an error into a particular reading from my battery monitor. Just at the time I wanted to use it too (Sod's Law). It was fixed in the next release, but annoying at the time nonetheless :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back