Campsites reopening. (1 Viewer)

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Who cares about travel insurance...never get it.
There might be a requirement for vehicle insurance which may also not be valid abroad if travel is not recommended. But hopefully it will all blow over some month soon.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
don’t get too excited. Travel insurance will be an issue as well as 14 days quarantine on your return as it stands today.
Don’t care about travel insurance and don’t care about 14 days quarantine on return😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
There might be a requirement for vehicle insurance which may also not be valid abroad if travel is not recommended. But hopefully it will all blow over some month soon.
Now that would be an issue but can’t see that happening.

Jun 4, 2010
Funster No
I find it difficult to believe that they will come round checking up on you to make sure you are quaranteeing

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
don’t get too excited. Travel insurance will be an issue as well as 14 days quarantine on your return as it stands today.
That's not correct. The IOm is exempt from the UK requirement to self isolate. Sadly though you cant get on to the IOM from the UK as the border is closed in that direction 🙄

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
i have had my crystal ball out (though not in public obviously) and it has revealed that the UK quarantine will end before the end of June (yes, this June!) for travellers from Europe

Through the mist, i could see the date of 29th June .... 3 weeks after it is being introduced to allow the govt to save face and show how clever they have been to save us all.....

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
i have had my crystal ball out (though not in public obviously) and it has revealed that the UK quarantine will end before the end of June (yes, this June!) for travellers from Europe

Through the mist, i could see the date of 29th June .... 3 weeks after it is being introduced to allow the govt to save face and show how clever they have been to save us all.....
I sincerely hope so! Though I’m not sure we’ll be allowed to travel from Scotland 😢

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A

Be interesting how close you are. Tui have cancelled all holidays from UK until the 1st July.
Maybe they have heard something from the Government, who knows?

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp

Just in time not to be able to use my ACSI

• Funny
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
It would be great if France would lift the quarantine requirement...........

.........and Wales would allow us to travel further than five miles from home.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
It would be great if France would lift the quarantine requirement...........

.........and Wales would allow us to travel further than five miles from home.
Just put my Van in for service the garage is 4.5 miles away .. that was lucky ;)

BIHAN

Free Member
Jun 12, 2020
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
15 years
Just a bit of an update on French campsites reopening. In Brittany, some campsites opened last week with limited services eg swimming pools not open yet etc. But yesterday, in our local newspaper there was an article about a campsite in Brittany, where most of their usual clients are form outside France, that has decided not to open this year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back