Aug 20, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 740
Exp
3 months
Hi all

We are currently in Pisa but it is cool and the rain is coming down and is forecast to stay the same for the next 4 days, Rome is about 4 hours drive south and the forecast is warmer and drier.

Can anybody recommend a site near Rome from which we can access the city by bus or train?

TIA

Peter

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Also liked the Roma Camping Village but it was a tad expensive (€36 for two persons a night in April) I've also tried two ACSI sites, both of which you can easily get into the centre of Rome using the train/metro system. Camping Tiber has a very nice bar but I think it doesn't open for a few days yet, Flaminio Camping Village is open and is a nice site with very good bathroom facilities but I found the pitches a little small and uneven. It was €21 with tourist tax added in 2017, hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
There is a good Sosta (Aire) just outside the old city walls by the Cattacombs. Called Area Saleoli Campercontact number is 19913. Costs about €20 including electrics water and dump.

Catch local bus outside the site and it takes you to the Coliseum in about 15 minutes. They run every 20 minutes and do a round trip so when coming back you pick it up at the same stop as it dropped you off.

Lyntre

Free Member
Mar 10, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2008
Thanks for the info. Any one done a tour and got details: From here to Rome stopping at the interesting places

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back