Sep 28, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA 765
Exp
Since 2006
Hi All,
I will be visiting the Military Cemetry in Etaples in August on the way back up from the Med. Does anyone know of any sites close by.
Thanks
Cam.:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Cam

I am assuming that the Etaples you refer to is about 15 miles south of Boulogne.
If so you are only a few miles from Le Touquet, where you will find 2 Aires de Service.
Both are very good and safe, cost if I remember correctly is €7 per night.

Brisey

clwyd

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Ruthin, N. Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Camping nearish Calais

With same assumption I can recommend an excellent small site at Liques - it's some 40km away (NE) but quiet with good bistro, though not easy to find. Good for Calais too. The Calais docks are near enough to reach for a free night before travelling across but neither is suitable for the night before your visit.
Derek

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Cam

I am assuming that the Etaples you refer to is about 15 miles south of Boulogne.
If so you are only a few miles from Le Touquet, where you will find 2 Aires de Service.
Both are very good and safe, cost if I remember correctly is €7 per night.

Brisey

Brisey I have just put a thread on this dinner time to update the le Touquet Aires prices the port Aire in Le Touquet has now gone up to 9 euros..2 eros for water and 2 euros for 1 hour electric..but the Equestrian site is still 7 euros :thumb:
Mel

clwyd

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Ruthin, N. Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Sites S of Le Touquet

Looking up my (old) Michelin book I note a site nearby at Montreuil (€12 for 2) 40km S at Rue and Pende (€13) and 3 cheaper ones on the R. Bresle at Blangy (by A26), Bazinval and Incheville (last 3 are C.Municipale at about €10) - take prices with a pinch? - some don't change, others greatly! Gives you some choice if you want facilities, & you can travel 1 hour on to Etaples.
Derek

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi All,
I will be visiting the Military Cemetry in Etaples in August on the way back up from the Med. Does anyone know of any sites close by.
Thanks

Hi Cam... Brisey was correct but prices have gone up on one the port Aire to 9 euros per night and 2 euros for water and 2 euros for 1 hour electric.

But there is a third Aire closer free at the AIRPORT ( Etaples as the crow flies 1/2 km it is just over the river estuary but sorry you have to go round in a circle) no water on site no grid to dump grey water or to empty toilet cassette....but that is not a problem just drive down to the other two sites one is 2 to 3 km away...and the other is....5 km away to fill or drop water and empty cassette then back to the airport for the night sometimes it is a little noisy as the light aircraft land and take off,...there is also a motorhome sale place selling motorhomes and spares so it will give you something to look at when bored.....

Mel

clwyd

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Ruthin, N. Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
V1/V2/V3 sites

Hi All,
Thanks
If you're interested in WW2 history I wonder if you know the V1/V2/V3 sites at Eperlecques, La Coupole (near St. Omer) & Mimoyecques (about 15km SW of Calais)?
Derek

OP
OP
Cam1
Sep 28, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA 765
Exp
Since 2006
If you're interested in WW2 history I wonder if you know the V1/V2/V3 sites at Eperlecques, La Coupole (near St. Omer) & Mimoyecques (about 15km SW of Calais)?
Derek

Hi Derek,
Thanks for that, I'll see if I can tempt my wife and daughters! Maybe if I ask nicely!!:ROFLMAO:
Regards
Cam.

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
Derek

Hi Derek,
Thanks for that, I'll see if I can tempt my wife and daughters! Maybe if I ask nicely!!:ROFLMAO:
Regards
Cam.

If you cross the river bridge from etaples to le touquet head out of Le touqueot on the coast is a site called Carvanning Stoneham it is also on www.ukcampsites.co.uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back