BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Looking to increase my options whilst waiting for that retirement date to approach, and would like some suggestions from you lovely people of sites/CL/CS/private/whatever!

I will of course search the interweb and all the various www's - but do you know of any??? I know there are lots out there which don't appear on the web!

So, whilst I still have to get to work (in London) I'm after suggestions for 'alternative' sites. Preferably not a Club site - as they work out way too dear !!!

Criteria - within a short walk to a Station, and within a couple of hours of London.
That's basically the whole of the South East to consider - from Brighton to Peterborough and everywhere East of that line!

We are OK where we are at Sandy - but get itchy feet!!!

Where do you know?

Thanks in advance(y)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes they're good.
I would like to see the return of the 'thumb down' smilie. Whilst I use the 'thumb up' quite often, sometimes 'thumb down' is a useful one to have.

Wyn

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010

Wyn
Oops!! Wrong thread. Ssrry.
Yes they're good.
I would like to see the return of the 'thumb down' smilie. Whilst I use the 'thumb up' quite often, sometimes 'thumb down' is a useful one to have.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
normans bay C&CC, is that to far away?
Too expensive for FT - its a main Club site. Even at 28 days (which isn't a problem as we move off often!) your talking £20-30 per night. Currently paying £12! Happy to pay a tad more if need be, but not more than £15 pn. Thanks for the post though!

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Looking to increase my options whilst waiting for that retirement date to approach, and would like some suggestions from you lovely people of sites/CL/CS/private/whatever!

I will of course search the interweb and all the various www's - but do you know of any??? I know there are lots out there which don't appear on the web!

So, whilst I still have to get to work (in London) I'm after suggestions for 'alternative' sites. Preferably not a Club site - as they work out way too dear !!!

Criteria - within a short walk to a Station, and within a couple of hours of London.
That's basically the whole of the South East to consider - from Brighton to Peterborough and everywhere East of that line!

We are OK where we are at Sandy - but get itchy feet!!!

Where do you know?

Thanks in advance(y)

Try this one never been there it's about 2 mile from us
East tilbury/linford essex 12 ish miles from dartford tunnel

With a station about a mile away from it
Two parks nearby

Broken Link Removed
It's also on ukcampsites

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
have you thought of France and the Eurostar (y)
We discussed this the other night while in gravelines, if you parked up on cite Europe for free, you only have to go round the corner to get on Eurostar , what is it an hour to London if you got a regular fare probably cheaper than stay ing in England

Deleted User
Probably too far away but Coombe Leigh C&CC CS near Chichester is less than half a mile from Nutleigh station and another few hundred yards to a pub.

Never been but we have booked a night in September before we get the ferry.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
just been to Burnham on crouch station just up the rd we stayed at silver rd site which cost us £18 with electric several pubs and restaurants in the town small site busy at weekends but everyone we spoke to in the site and in town couldnt have been nicer or more helpfull
just over an hour into liverpool st

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back