Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
4 years
Can anyone suggest the best way to choose campsites in Austria? We are planning a 12 day trip in May with camper? Are there loads and easily accessible or is it best to research and book. Would we be best to purchase a site guide?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
try these couple near st Wolfgang ( just east of Salzberg )

camping-ried@aon.at

camping@berau.at

there is a cogg train to some stunning views at St Wolfgang.

i got these off the acsi cd i have been looking at Austria myself but am concerned about our dog and tick borne encephalitis, which appears to be a problem in many parts of Austria.

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Salzburg

Not sure what part of Austria you intend visiting but if you end up in Salzburg we can recommend Camping Nord Sam. We went in September and just turned up - didn't book. A fantastically easy cycle ride from camp using cycle paths led us to the Salzach river and straight into the heart of Salzburg. If you liked the 'Sound of Music' you'll love Salzbug.

Another lovely site was Camp Alpin in Seefeld in the Tyrol, Again we didn't book - no problems plenty of pitches to choose from and it had the most fantastic restaurant attached. Try Zweibel Roastbraten if it's on the menu - superb!

Rob :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jpaterson63

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
4 years
Thanks, great help, hoped you could turn up rather than book, will look into them, starting Salzberg 1st :thumb:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Be aware of the Ascension and Pentecost long weekends coming up in May. Otherwise it will be quiet, but those 2 weekends are really busy camping times. The busiest time is wk20 in between the two, I'd book during that week.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We stayed on a site just outside Innsbruck on our way to lake Garda a couple of years ago, we didn't book and just turned up got a pitch no problem and this was middle of July. It might not be the cheapest site but its lovely and the facilities above the reception are better than most hotels you could visit.

There is a bus that leaves from campsite gates in to city centre a few times a day well worth a visit is the cable car yoU have to get on about 3 or 4 different ones to reach the top and the views are stunning.

http://www.natterersee.com/urlaub-am-campingplatz-in-tirol-en.php

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back