Campsites around Santander (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2014
Medway, Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
We are travelling to Santander arriving 26th August. Having never been to Northern Spain before and wanting a campsite for the first few days (SHMBO wants to chill out as her job is currently very stressful) I'd like to ask the following.
Any recommendations for campsites. Have looked on tinternet and there are several.
Should we book before we go? Have sent several messages to sites but none have repled.
Want to spend a few days around the area so places of interest.
Thanks anticipation.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well this is not a campsite, but there is a beautiful Aire next to a lake at Cabarceno (No. 4615 on campingcar-infos)

It is about 25 mins. drive from the port and has water, WC drop and waste water drop.

A very relaxing spot to chill out.

Geoff
We stayed there and can also recommend it - lake one side, elephant reserve behind you!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Recommended by me also but not if you want electric to chill out for a few days.

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
There is a nice site at San Vicente de la Baroque, about 30 miles to the west. Its a really nice town within a short walk and the beach is brilliant. We love it there. I don't think you'll need to book but might be worth an email or call. If it was full there is a large car park next to it where people wildcamp.

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
There is a nice site at San Vicente de la Baroque, about 30 miles to the west. Its a really nice town within a short walk and the beach is brilliant. We love it there. I don't think you'll need to book but might be worth an email or call. If it was full there is a large car park next to it where people wildcamp.
if op goes to torrelaga then heads along to suances there are campsite galore along that top bit of coast even past san vicente de barquera . but i do like san vicente. good vet there as well speaks english.
be careful wilding on the carpark next to campsite the police do issue penalties .

jim999bob

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
isle wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi. We are in N Spain at the moment. All sites are busy, would suggest you go to the Aire at cabercenco 5 min walk to restaurants. We are currently in Tierganes aire, also quite good. Last week we stayed in Laredo (camping laredo), if the site is full you can park in the road outside. We emailed them 1st but they said they were full up, but in fact thay had at least a dozen pitches. Main thing is to avoid stress! Next time we go we will go straight to Cabercenco (with enough provisions for 24hrs)

jim999bob

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
isle wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
In Santander the local ferries are cheaper than a boat trip!

OP
OP
smithy184
Jan 11, 2014
Medway, Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for the advise everyone. I think that the Cabarceno option is on the cards moving further west on the Sunday. Really looking forward to it.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Playa Joel at Noja is ok(y)

Right next to a great beach

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Camping Santillana del Mar about 20 miles west of Santander is good and easy to find :)

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
The only comment I would make is that when you disembark it will be dark. If you're happy driving in the dark then Cabarceno will be fine. I've used it a few times. If not there are a couple of Aires, including a new one about 10 minutes away that might suit, although I haven't been to either:
https://www.areasac.es/area-servicios/cantabria/santander_5166_1_ap.html
https://www.campercontact.com/en/sp...18/motorhome-parking-marina-de-santander.aspx

Replied to wrong post:D2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back