Campsites and overnights stops en route to southern Spain in early Feb (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Hi funsters,
Happy new year!
We’re heading to southern Spain for ten weeks in early Feb and first investigations indicate everywhere is closed ie campsites
Can anyone recommend any good aires or over night stop offs on the A 28 to Tours from Calais?
We have been advised to cross the Spanish border at Candachu and to follow the E7 and the A23 to Valencia and then head down the A7 and E15 to access Sierra Nevada.
But any recommendations are appreciated. Delighted to say we are not in a hurry!
PS any skiers reading this, apparently there are small local ski resorts between Zaragoza and Valencia. Has anyone tried them?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Have a look in the resources section as there are a few guides posted there, this one is mine but there are others, It has some stopovers listed. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/tonkas-western-route-to-spain.99/

As you say most campsites will be closed so safe aires are the next best option, also I think makes sense if its just single night stops.

Ref crossing the Pyrenees you need to check weather as you get closer. It could be fine Between Bordeaux and the border but heavy snow near the Somport tunnel. Check and if in any doubt go down and cross at Irun.

safe trip.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks Tonka
I’Il check out your routes.
Pretty mild these days but could be a different story in three weeks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We do not stop at the Aires on motorways, which are called Aires de Service. Too noisy and too many people around for us. Instead we turn off and find proper Aires de Camping Car. Plenty about and I would suggest you get the paid for Campercontact app for your smart phone to find them. That enables you to read the description and look at the photos to decide if the place is suitable for you.

At this time of year many of them turn off the fresh water, certainly in Northern France and in higher areas. So make sure you arrive with full water tanks and fill up wherever you can.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back