Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
We're currently on Camping Quinta Bella in Spain at the mo' We've been here 2 weeks and I have to say that the WIFI is rocket ship fast!
However, over the past 2 days, another couple of vans have come on site and pitched in the area we are in and since then, another connection keeps popping up when ever I go to log on to the site wifi.
It's name is.................
TP-LINK_C445CO
Every single time this connection appears in the available networks, the wifi (at least on my laptop) just dies! When-ever it disappears, the wifi seems to speed up again?

So, bearing in mind that I'm a self confessed computer Luddite, my question is............
is it possible for this other link to be "hogging" or "blocking" the signal to my laptop, or is it just coincidence................what-ever, it's FLIPPIN' frustrating!

Ta

Last edited:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
The tp link router could be using the same channel as the site wifi.. that could affect your connection a bit. It's more likely that others streaming hd movies are the cause of your slowness in reality.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We're currently on Camping Quinta Bella in Spain at the mo' We've been here 2 weeks and I have to say that the WIFI is rocket ship fast!
However, over the past 2 days, another couple of vans have come on site and pitched in the area we are in and since then, another connection keeps popping up when ever I go to log on to the site wifi.
It's name is.................
TP-LINK_C445CO

Every single time this connection appears in the available networks, the wifi (at least on my laptop) just dies! When-ever it disappears, the wifi seems to speed up again?

So, bearing in mind that I'm a self confessed computer Luddite, my question is............
is it possible for this other link to be "hogging" or "blocking" the signal to my laptop, or is it just coincidence................what-ever, it's FLIPPIN' frustrating!

Ta
The MH with the TP-link router may be running it at full power and on the same channel as the campsite wifi therefore blocking your signal. If the camp site "WIFI is rocket ship fast" as you say then it should make no difference the other user downloading etc. Try taking your laptop across the the site wifi aerial and doing a speed test from there and that will confirm the above.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back